Today | Vital Football

Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Summed up our season. Final third our decision making was poor, our final ball awful and our finishing was was shocking.
Add to that corners that either didn't clear the first man our were so overhit that they went out.

Couple of plusses - Evans had a surprisingly good game and Kirby is going to be some player, trouble is they are loan players and both won't be here next season.
Bola was good and Tilt had their CF in his pocket all day long. Mafoumbi produced a worldie save 2 mins from the end. I thought it had gone in, it was fantastic and he is improving in both stature and performance. Virtue is a good signing will be surprised if he is still with us at the end of his contract.

Minuses- Set pieces - do we even practise them? Corners, free kicks and now even throw in are all awful.
Spearing looks shagged, Feeney absolutely awful, Turton is crocked and that could be the last we ever see of him in a tangerine shirt.

Points dropped yet again, draw far too many games that we should have won., story of our season, a missed opportunity.

Hasn't Feeney been the biggest disappointment all season?

On the plus side; what with all the turmoil the club has been through, the Oyston saga, losing our coach right at the start, unrest amongst the players and staff....we've done really well to maintain our league status. Yes, we had a crack at the play-offs but weren't good enough but to go into next season with new hope and League One status kept - I'm happy.

I actually thought Feeney played ok today, especially as he was brought on to play right back when Turton limped off. Evans was great at times but awful when taking corners. His first 5 were too short and then he overhit them. Definitely missing a finisher in the side but we also need to attack in numbers when we do go forward. Wherd is Callum Guy, as hd looked good early in the sesson? Mafoumbi definitely improving the more games he gets. Good shot stopper and pretty good on distribution. Needs to improve his positional sense and be better on crosses. That should come with more experience

Hasn't Feeney been the biggest disappointment all season?

On the plus side; what with all the turmoil the club has been through, the Oyston saga, losing our coach right at the start, unrest amongst the players and staff....we've done really well to maintain our league status. Yes, we had a crack at the play-offs but weren't good enough but to go into next season with new hope and League One status kept - I'm happy.
I have'nt seen much of Feeney if he could cross a ball he might be OK

I actually thought Feeney played ok today, especially as he was brought on to play right back when Turton limped off. Evans was great at times but awful when taking corners. His first 5 were too short and then he overhit them. Definitely missing a finisher in the side but we also need to attack in numbers when we do go forward. Wherd is Callum Guy, as hd looked good early in the sesson? Mafoumbi definitely improving the more games he gets. Good shot stopper and pretty good on distribution. Needs to improve his positional sense and be better on crosses. That should come with more experience
Mafoumbi is only 24/25, plenty of time for him to improve into a quality keeper, probably going to get championship level game time at some point in his career (y)