Today | Vital Football

Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
A case of a game to far if ever there was one.
I knew we would struggle as soon as I saw Trevor Kettle walk oiut with the ball.
Never quite made it to the top table and today reaffirmed my view that he usually gives us fcukall and plenty of it.

When TmcP hinted at changes the last person I didn't expect to see missing was Howard.
Nothing against Mafumbi - he made a great save in the first half but I am keen to see the goals again-to see if he could have done better.

I am disappointed that we don't set up at home to win games.
Playing 1 upfront invites teams on. They have sussed out that if they flood midfield and 2 upfront in a bogstandard 4-4-2 then we are on the back foot and susceptable to it being played out wide.
This division needs a big man upfront. Their no9 reminded me of Vassel and if truth ne told after 2 decent pen shouts weren't given, Cullen hitting the post we huffed and we puffed but we could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored. The ball didn't fall to us once but we looked like we would concede from every set piece which is worrying as Tilt and Heneghan aren't small.
We bring 11 back for a corner:??? Keep 2 up wide and they have to bring at least 3 back.

We have gone from looking unbreeahable in defence to nervous in a matter of 2 league games.
I have said previousy Spearing vcan't carry the team on his own and the sooner Ryan comes back the better.

Tuesday will be tough. I'd take a point right now.

We need a rest and get the cup out of the way by playing the ressiies - Taylor Doodoo et al.

Start positive with the game at Southend - set the team up to win.
We were second best everywhere today, everyone has off days, let's hope this was ours,.

Def handball not given Ref awful but so were we.Got his subs wrong took off our bit of bite and wrong replacements.

Thanks for the review SeXy I wondered just what had gone wrong in the space of 2 games our Red cards can't be helping things either

v cods eye on arsenal match,
arsenal gave everything
v gas, knackered and players out.

we need to get players back fit and off cards etc.

gills, exeter and sarfend away with accy in there wont be a picnic