Today | Vital Football

Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Let;s take some positives from a off colour performance - the defence.

We have conceded the lowest number of goals in our league. That for me is our best starting back 4. Turton, Tilt, Daniels and Bola. Crucial we keep them fit and in Tilt's case at the club.
Bola has been a revelation, goal saving tackle at 1-0.
Howard is growing on me quickly.
Midfield, Spearing was dominant today. head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch else bar 1.
Guy had a poor game and how he managed to stay on for the full match baffled me. Thompson had an off game too - he has set the bar by his own standards. He must be knackered played more games than most.
Delf had a good first half but faded as the game went on then shone for the 2-3 mins before being subbed.
Frenchie - led the line valiantly however he took a touch when he didn't need to at the death.
Pritchard had a Delf - better first half than second.
Feeney played OK when he came on and Nottingham did very well.

Overall it was a toss up between Spearing and Bola for MOTM - Bola edged it for me with his goal killing the game and easing the pressure.

We will play better and lose this season.
I'd rather points on the board but the games in hand put us in a healthy position.
10 games unbeaten in the league. The run contiinues.

The pitch looked a bit dodgy in the bottom SW corner. Hoping the Count can sort that out.

Big week coming up league wise. let's hope we continue the unbeaten run..

Agree with all of that sex. We certainly rode our luck. Bit surprised with Terry post match. He thought we were the best team and I couldn't disagree more. They outshot us 13 to 6. Our passing was poor and they beat us most of the time in the air. Will gladly take the points though.