Today | Vital Football

Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Our worst performance of this season so far.
Midfield disjointed and if anything they looked tired.
I do questiion starting with the 1 striker at home. These are games we should be setting out to win.
We got better as the game went on. O'Sullivan & Thompson were just not in the game in the first half, Guy certainly had flashes and looks like he can carry a balll forward - what he also looks like at present is nowhere near match fit - he should start on Tuesday.
Spearing is the glue holding us together at the minute - he looks a million miles better than last season and if he gets injured we will be goosed. He covers some miles.
Tilt had at least 3 schoolboy errors and during the first half he poured water over his head as if to wake him up.
I'm pleasantly surprised by Bola. He had a cracking game, They targetted him today and he came through with flying colours.
In Howard we have a decent keeper - I wasn't overwhelmed by him signing but another clean sheet speaks volumes. 2 very good saves during the latter end of the game.
Thompson improved as the game went on - if anyone was going to score it was him, trouble is best chance fell to him and he skied it from 10yds.
Cullen & Delf not at their best today. Cullen had a great chance and chose to pass it to ....... no-one.
MOTM for me was Heneghan. Early harsh booking but he was imperious after that. Didn't miss a thing and had a cracking game.
Luton - They looked much better than I expected them to. Passed well and fast mid table safety for them on that showing.

2 plusses for me . Another clean sheet and we played badly but didn't lose.

A final point - well done to Sheff Utd :grinning:

When the Gazette posts its rating, none of the players should get over a 6 except Howard and Spearing.

Nottingham should be getting more game time if for nothing other than his throw ins. Just about as good as a corner.

If his name wasn't Tilt, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had got substituted. He was made a mug today.

Solid game from Howard but he really is poor at kicking imo.

Luton are a decent side and they have some big lads.

We got one more point than we deserved today.