Toby | Page 6 | Vital Football

Toby

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
So I just read that Pochettino went to Levy and got Toby what he wanted from Levy. Then Toby came back and asked for more.

No wonder MP is pissed.

If Toby believes that his omission from the 1st team at the end of the season was unjustified then surely he'll be on a plane for some or all of the US pre-season tour to prove it.

He's had half a season's rest and nowhere near the fatigue that players like Vertonghen and Kane could be feeling. He should be fresh as a daisy having only played 10 games in 2018.

I want Toby to stay and solidify our back line next to Vert. But heck with a improving Sanchez waiting in the wings...AND we have done no business yet, I am all for just moving this damn thing along and selling him prior to us overpaying big time for him and bringing nobody else in that we seriously need.

I'd happily consider the following swap deals !!!

....at home
Toby for Martial (Utd)
Toby for Gomez or Robertson (Liverpool)
Toby for John Stones (City)
Toby for Rudiger or Alonso (Chelsea)

.....abroad
Toby for James Rodriguez (RM)
Toby for Mina (Barca)
Toby for Douglas Costa (Juve)
Toby for Rabiot (PSG)

If he was fit he should have.m been playing. End off.

Both Juve goals were fully preventable and with Toby we would have stood s better chance against united

....at home
Toby for Martial (Utd)

.....abroad
Toby for Mina (Barca)
Toby for Rabiot (PSG)

Douglas Costa has been ridiculous almost every time I've seen him. Great player.

If he was fit he should have.m been playing. End off.

Both Juve goals were fully preventable and with Toby we would have stood s better chance against united

Problem is, Toby played 5 days after the Juve away leg and looked nowhere near ready against Rochdale away. His hamstring then tightened up and he missed the home leg when we beat them 6-1. That was only a week before the infamous Juve game.

No doubt, a fit Toby would have been a huge asset when you consider the stupid goals we conceded in both legs. I think his "unjust" comments refer more to the late March / April / May period when he was used very sparingly. From memory we only reverted to 3 at the back in the Baggies game which we lost. A lot of us were calling for a switch in formation to get him in.

....at home
Toby for Martial (Utd)

.....abroad
Toby for Mina (Barca)
Toby for Rabiot (PSG)

Toby for Stones would be great.

Sanchez, Stones, Verts would be tasty.

So I just read that Pochettino went to Levy and got Toby what he wanted from Levy. Then Toby came back and asked for more.

No wonder MP is pissed.

Toby's agent was the greedy **** whether that was after being instructed by Toby, I seriously doubt - but be under no doubt Toby was seriously tapped up and his agent was openly hawking him to the top clubs in Europe to create an auction.

Toby's agent was the greedy **** whether that was after being instructed by Toby, I seriously doubt - but be under no doubt Toby was seriously tapped up and his agent was openly hawking him to the top clubs in Europe to create an auction.

Am i right in thinking that his agent was his father? Which might make it more likely Toby was in agreement, just happy that someone else would do the pushing for him. Maybe it starts off "i am worth more than i am getting" (which he seriously was!) but ends up in this kind of stand-off

Toby is panicking because he knows that he's down to 2 clubs - Utd and Juve. Allegri might have something in mind to upgrade his ageing defence for this coming season but is still selling his best younger defenders. Mourinho has got the best out of a bunch of average defenders, but is not happy with his defensive unit.

If these 2 teams don't come up trumps then there will be humble pie eaten by Toby.

Am i right in thinking that his agent was his father? Which might make it more likely Toby was in agreement, just happy that someone else would do the pushing for him. Maybe it starts off "i am worth more than i am getting" (which he seriously was!) but ends up in this kind of stand-off

Think it's his father and that Stijn Francis guy who went to the press saying how many clubs were in for Toby and what he'd earn elsewhere in the middle of his injury.

Think it's his father and that Stijn Francis guy who went to the press saying how many clubs were in for Toby and what he'd earn elsewhere in the middle of his injury.

Stjin Francis is the one - he's found his duck that lays the golden egg (every agent wants one in their career) and he intends to cash in big time - everything else from Toby or him is distracting bollocks.

They turnover £200+ mil per year more than us, they can afford to hang on to an unhappy player and not play him.
If Toby will not sign a new contract and M.U. are the only realistic club interested I don't know what people expect the club to do, IMO all they can do is extract a premium for him.

They turnover £200+ mil per year more than us, they can afford to hang on to an unhappy player and not play him.
If Toby will not sign a new contract and M.U. are the only realistic club interested I don't know what people expect the club to do, IMO all they can do is extract a premium for him.

With Toby we are more likely to win something get top 4, that’s worth 25 million.

Martial is out on a free next season so we would also save money then if he is really our target.

It’s got all the hall marks of a last minute sale and we don’t get anyone in.

We’ve meant to have moved on from this.

With Toby we are more likely to win something get top 4, that’s worth 25 million.

Martial is out on a free next season so we would also save money then if he is really our target.

It’s got all the hall marks of a last minute sale and we don’t get anyone in.

We’ve meant to have moved on from this.
'with Toby we are more likely to win things' That is exactly what people were saying to me when I was against paying £26m for Soldado, well we paid it and won zip.
You are also assuming that Toby's heart would be in it, personally I would love him to stay.
But if he doesn't and we get £60m from M.U. I'd take it, my only problem is the longer it takes to sort it out the more difficult it will be to get the right replacement.

I don't think you can compare Toby with Soldado. Toby has proven he is one of the best in his position in the league for us already.

Selling our best players to a rival shouldn't be an option. I would rather sell for 50% cheaper abroad.