Toby | Vital Football

Toby

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
R

Removed at own request

More good news this morning in regards to the club refusing to pay a world class cb what he is worth.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5049310/tottenham-toby-alderweireld-could-be-sold/

If he lose him due to penny pinching and not because he's angling for a move, I despair.

Need him back ASAP no coincidence results have slipped since he’s been out.
Levy pay the man.

Levy won't pay him what he wants though. Actually I already said that levy would sell toby in summer 2018 when we signed sanchez.

One things for sure if he goes we need to spend on another CB. A team can't lose a CB like Toby then not replace them.

The spurs team that beat the Chavs 2-0 at the lane was the best 11 in the prem, it took MP 3 seasons to build that 11 and already it is being dismantled. The sale of Walker to city was bad and opened the way for rose and maybe Toby to leave. MP inherited a lot of talent and i don't trust the current scouting crew to replace the departing players with better players.

Tricky situation with the reported 25 million buy out clause in case we trigger an extension.

Heart says I'd rather we let him run down his contract and get another year from him if he decides not to extend. We can all see how crap we are without him.

Brain says sell him abroad, asap. I couldn't stand seeing him join the chavs.

Reports are he is out for most of the season. Major tear in the hamstring. We need to sign a CB in Jan. We can't wait.

CB is the least of our concerns I'd say. Our midfield is not functioning both in central & attacking positions and our backup striker can't score to save his life.

You won't find a better CB than Jan/Sanchez/Dier in January.

Pollo - 3/12/2017 19:41

CB is the least of our concerns I'd say. Our midfield is not functioning both in central & attacking positions and our backup striker can't score to save his life.

VVD?

Nick Real Deal - 4/12/2017 09:14

Dier, Wanyama and Davies can all play CB. CCV doing well to come back, Foyth to develop .

That is a relegation defence.....

Kinygerbils - 4/12/2017 09:15

Nick Real Deal - 4/12/2017 09:14

Dier, Wanyama and Davies can all play CB. CCV doing well to come back, Foyth to develop .

That is a relegation defence.....

It's not but it certainly ain't good enough to be challenging for the top 4, let alone the title.

My son was out for 9 months with his hamstring. Sounds similar.

Nick Real Deal - 4/12/2017 12:02

They are back ups

Back ups that are nowhere near ready or being played out of position.

A club our size shouldn't be in that position.

We need to sign another experienced CB.

Kinygerbils - 4/12/2017 04:17

Pollo - 3/12/2017 19:41

VVD?

Southampton said he's not for sale this year and they mean it, he'll be available in the summer window and probably off to pool.

Real Deal - 4/12/2017 07:55

Still going on about Dier as a CB. lol He is crap there. He has been crap all season as a DM as well.

Agree RD never got the Dier hype and still don’t