To think we had to pay to watch that sh1t | Vital Football

To think we had to pay to watch that sh1t

Brexiteer

Vital Squad Member
and they get paid to produce it.
No flair, no invention and to start with 5 defenders was ludicrous.
Lovell said that Hartlepool set up not to lose, we played right into their hands.

Lovells style of football is not great, and it all starts with either ehmer who is turning into big boot butters or the very limited Luke oneil they both seem incapable of using the midfield and insist on sending pointless long-range passes . I just don't get it bleaker is all about finding the threaded pass but we just don't use him .

Worrying thing is all the post match comments of we played into their hands. Shows a lack of ability to change style when play a isn't working.

One step forward and two back over these last few home games. Bradford second half and Fleetwood as good as we could hope and Blackpool/Hartlepool as bad as we know.

Scally must be confused on whether to replace Lovell or not.

Main thing is, we didn`t lose. And, the fine folk of Hartlepool will now see how counter-attacking footy should be played. We`ll win the replay.

Main thing is, we didn`t lose. And, the fine folk of Hartlepool will now see how counter-attacking footy should be played. We`ll win the replay.

And the Main thing is if the players actually bothered then we would not need a replay. How many times have we been in this scenario against lower level teams, in a replay, playing away from home. History seems to repeat itself when we are in this situation and it never ends good.

Breaking down a defensive team requires a skilful player who runs at the defence and either goes past them or gets brought down, we don't really have that sort of player. The second option is the short sharp passing of a 3 man triangle, another area where we aren't very good.

And the Main thing is if the players actually bothered then we would not need a replay. How many times have we been in this scenario against lower level teams, in a replay, playing away from home. History seems to repeat itself when we are in this situation and it never ends good.

Chicken & egg, maybe, but i`m still in the camp that believes the silly decision to close the RE had an effect on the compete level of our players. They are pro`s, yes, but they are human too. No atmosphere, IMO, was always going to be a factor.

History does contain some dreadful away cup replays for the Gills, i`ve been at most of them, Burscough being the most awful.

But, on the road especially, we play a good counter-attacking game now and Hartlepool will be forced to take the initiative. I`ll be at the game and already, feel confident about it. My only, slight, concern would be if the game is chosen as a live TV game.

Chicken & egg, maybe, but i`m still in the camp that believes the silly decision to close the RE had an effect on the compete level of our players. They are pro`s, yes, but they are human too. No atmosphere, IMO, was always going to be a factor.

History does contain some dreadful away cup replays for the Gills, i`ve been at most of them, Burscough being the most awful.

But, on the road especially, we play a good counter-attacking game now and Hartlepool will be forced to take the initiative. I`ll be at the game and already, feel confident about it. My only, slight, concern would be if the game is chosen as a live TV game.
I made the same comment yesterday about the RE. I don't understand Lovell he stands there as if he's playing statues
He's not vociferous, Pulis would have made it quite clear that the performance wasn't good enough. We should have brought Parker on as well and played 3 at the back

Nailed on defeat if it's on TV Lancs.

Still not optimistic even if it isn't. If they weren''t bothered in front of their own (albeit smaIl) hime crowd they won't bust a gut up there.

Trouble is we're too predictable now. As has been said we resort to the long ball too much. I would have expected Lovell to have words during the game but he doesn't. I'm beginning to think he's clueless.

Nailed on defeat if it's on TV Lancs.

Still not optimistic even if it isn't. If they weren''t bothered in front of their own (albeit smaIl) hime crowd they won't bust a gut up there.

No TV, please !

The away fans will generate more atmosphere at Hartlepool than the home fans probably did yesterday.