Tisdale leaves Exeter City | Vital Football

Tisdale leaves Exeter City

They have been negotiating with Tisdale for the last year, according to the club statement. In other words, they served him notice when they were at the foot of the league in December 2016 and tried to change their minds six months later.

I'm sure he would love to have left with promotion in the bag and a Hooded Claw-like laugh as he drove out of the car park.

I get the feeling the MK Dons thing has been arranged for some time.

Exeter fans (most of them) seem really please he has gone.

I find that amazing! He is the most successful manager in their history and has had them generally punching above their weight despite selling millions of pounds worth of talent.

I think they may be in for a rude awakening! You should be careful what you wish for sometimes!

He will almost certainly end up at MK now making them arguably the team to beat for the coming season.

Exeter will regret the decision to serve notice on him as they will struggle to attract a better manager there

Think Charlton too, compliancy is so common in football.
When Curbishly left, relegated not long after and they're in the third tier when they'd been a half decent prem side.

Oh no has Collingham predicted the obvious yet? Tisdale to MK!?

Attachments

• managers.docx
    381.5 KB · Views: 14
Hope Exeter is the one Sol Campbell finally gets and is a disaster (if anyone has seen Collymore and some journos crowing on twitter about how he should have had a job now - wish he had got the grimsby one)

Tisdale seems decent, and a shame he sounds nailed to MK.

Matt Taylor the new Exeter manager. Is that the same one who played for West Ham, Portsmouth and Swindon last season?

Matt Taylor the new Exeter manager. Is that the same one who played for West Ham, Portsmouth and Swindon last season?

No. This is a former Exeter player, has been player/coach at Bath City for a couple of seasons.

Also was Exeter's U23 coach last season.

Last edited:
I think it is the Matt Taylor former Exeter player and has been doing some coaching at various non league clubs.

Gutted for Sol Campbell. again.......
Tisdale`s boots are going to be difficult to fill and after how their fans and stewards acted down there a few weeks ago i wish them the worst for the coming season!