Tired ears after 90 mins | Vital Football

Tired ears after 90 mins

muttley

Alert Team
Read this in a Teamtalk article.....

ESPN‘s Julien Laurens watched the game in north London and faced questions on ESPN FC about hearing players and managers shout in empty stadiums.

The journalist said: “Mourinho, for example, had a go at Matt Doherty pretty much from minute one to minute 90. Because he first played as a left wing-back, he was on the left-hand side – which was on the side of Mourinho.

“But then he switched to a right-back position at half time which meant that, even in the second half, he was again on Jose Mourinho’s side.

“He had him [Mourinho] in his ear all the time because he made mistakes, because he was not very good. And like Steve [Nicol] pointed out, he certainly looked like he really disturbed him.

“He kept losing the ball and it got worse and worse as Mourinho was just roasting him the whole game. I don’t know if Mourinho thought about that or that worked, but certainly Doherty had a really bad game.”

But Doherty would end up being one of several Spurs players who faced a barrage of criticism from his manager.

Does get you wondering whether we just have players with a weak mentality or whether we have a manager whose communication style isn't helping them. I remember watching games earlier in the season and Ndombele, Bergwijn and Dele were also getting the same treatment from Jose on the sidelines. Personally, I don't remember it once creating a better performance out of any of them but might be wrong on that one.

Perhaps another reason why the players need the fans back?

Read this in a Teamtalk article.....

ESPN‘s Julien Laurens watched the game in north London and faced questions on ESPN FC about hearing players and managers shout in empty stadiums.

The journalist said: “Mourinho, for example, had a go at Matt Doherty pretty much from minute one to minute 90. Because he first played as a left wing-back, he was on the left-hand side – which was on the side of Mourinho.

“But then he switched to a right-back position at half time which meant that, even in the second half, he was again on Jose Mourinho’s side.

“He had him [Mourinho] in his ear all the time because he made mistakes, because he was not very good. And like Steve [Nicol] pointed out, he certainly looked like he really disturbed him.

“He kept losing the ball and it got worse and worse as Mourinho was just roasting him the whole game. I don’t know if Mourinho thought about that or that worked, but certainly Doherty had a really bad game.”

But Doherty would end up being one of several Spurs players who faced a barrage of criticism from his manager.

Does get you wondering whether we just have players with a weak mentality or whether we have a manager whose communication style isn't helping them. I remember watching games earlier in the season and Ndombele, Bergwijn and Dele were also getting the same treatment from Jose on the sidelines. Personally, I don't remember it once creating a better performance out of any of them but might be wrong on that one.

Perhaps another reason why the players need the fans back?

Or perhaps we just need a less negative, toxic manager? Perhaps, the strife and division amongst the squad that some have been speaking of, is getting worse, there's certainly a couple or more in our squad who might believe so?

Let's be honest everywhere he's been he'll find the next player to blame as it suits him, I guess it's Docherty's turn for now., it's his distraction narrative that he can spin to the media as it suits him and stops him getting asked the hard questions about his tactics, his set-up and his game management.

Jose rolls on creating conflict, until it all backfires.

Hmm whilst I see your point I would suggest as a player there is an easy way to ensure it’s not you. Or if it is you, there is a simple way to make it stop.

Just play well. That’s all we ask. N’Dombele has shown that Jose will not give any favours and will hold no grudge against someone making the effort and performing.

I don’t like JM and his current management makes me sick but underperforming players upset with managers is not just a Spurs issue

It's a tough world out there & nobody is going to do us any favours. About time these meatheads realised that & pulled their fingers out.

Or perhaps we just need a less negative, toxic manager? Perhaps, the strife and division amongst the squad that some have been speaking of, is getting worse, there's certainly a couple or more in our squad who might believe so?

Let's be honest everywhere he's been he'll find the next player to blame as it suits him, I guess it's Docherty's turn for now., it's his distraction narrative that he can spin to the media as it suits him and stops him getting asked the hard questions about his tactics, his set-up and his game management.

Jose rolls on creating conflict, until it all backfires.
You can literally see the players bricking themselves out there. If the news that the camp is as restless as you say, then they're doing a great job of showing it out on the field of play.