Tino Memories | Vital Football

Tino Memories

Paul Kannell

Vital 1st Team Regular
Watching Columbia I’d like to think somewhere in a faraway land there’s a certain someone firing shots into a ceiling. Aside from Barcelona obviously how do you look back at him? I seem to recall he was at his best in Europe and often struggled in the league, but Christ it was amazing to have someone of his calibre in our team. I’ll never forget the sublime balance and skill of this second goal, how the fuck he stayed on his feet. 4 touches and in.

Had the good fortune to be there to witness it PK. I used to say to my lads who were with me, 'take in and remember as much as you can because this will never happen again'.

Jealous Mac, watched it over and over again and cannot believe he emerged with the ball from Pavs kick, let alone score 3 touches later, balance and strength like Maradona.

Like Ginola (and others) a privilege to have seen Tino at SJP. Remember when we used to think those days would continue? A constant supply of world class players to entertain us? It seems like another world now.

Favourite Memory of Tino...

leaving the A1 southbound at Carville, Durham, to watch a car turn right into oncoming traffic at roundabout.

You guessed..... who was driving Club Rover 214...

Him arriving in the snow & his hatrick v Barcelona & mi lads faces after his 1st goal,octopus.