Time to have Wayne back | Vital Football

Time to have Wayne back

Wayne hasn't been logged in for a month unless he has logged out and is viewing the forum as a guest.

Despite agreeing with much of what he posted or pasted he brought out the worst in those who disagreed. This, in turn, brought out the worst in him and left an unpleasant tone on most threads.
I banned myself just before he was barred and came back last week as the atmosphere seems worth being part of again.

Despite agreeing with much of what he posted or pasted he brought out the worst in those who disagreed. This, in turn, brought out the worst in him and left an unpleasant tone on most threads.
I banned myself just before he was barred and came back last week as the atmosphere seems worth being part of again.
Fair point actually. I don't like anyone being banned or reported, even VG so in that respect I'd like Wayne back. However your point about the atmosphere is a good one. The to and fro from Wayne and the racist wind up merchant was tiresome. I've 'ignored' the racist for over a year now but used to get the other half of the spats.

I block nobody at present I have taken the blocks off the few I did ignore.Part of that might be Wayne's absence. I often read a lot of the ignored posts anyway depending on the response from other users. I have not got a issue with Wayne returning. But I think "the Fear" seems a reasonable sort so happy to leave it in his hands. I will not back a campaign 100% to stop his return or get him back.For once it seems I am happy to sit on the fence .

I agree with VG.

Two people deserve an apology. Neither will get one.
That is probably right. The trouble is far from stopping racism by attacking them in the way Wayne did it gives them more of a platform. I totally get why Wayne might choose not to apologise. But I also totally get The Fear after all he has hardly been that tough and is generally happy to let things go.
There is at least three people involved in this .Wayne, the Fear and the person or people who complained. Perhaps the most important person stopping and peace is that individual or individuals. Only the Fear it seems knows who he or she is.

I’d love Wayne back. But I’d prefer there not be the 100 threads about politics and racism, and all the football threads morph that way.

Agree this place is a lot more agreeable. Not particularly blaming Wayne for that. You take any one person out of an argument and things will calm down.

Right, any news on Hanlon or Danny Rose?

All the racist, Brexit and political threads have stopped, and it's now mostly football threads, and good banter. Long may that continue...
Personally I don't miss WK one bit.
It was tedious challenging assertion after assertion.

But that wasn't the problem. People should be free to express their opinions.

But WK couldn't help add an insulting aside.....
.....or in this case using abuse in a thread title from 2016 ! (not hard to find)
https://fansonline.net/gillingham/mb/view.php?id=289624

This board has become much better without that sort of abuse.
Well done everybody (y):yes:

the problem and most annoying thing about wayne is being called a racist when u are not. As per most people on the left if u disagree with their views then that makes u a racist. And it is the most annoying thing in the world. Just because u care about the future of your country doesnt make u a racist.
Anyway enough about that before we get into the usual argument. How disappointing were your Rose's this year.

the problem and most annoying thing about wayne is being called a racist when u are not. As per most people on the left if u disagree with their views then that makes u a racist. And it is the most annoying thing in the world. Just because u care about the future of your country doesnt make u a racist.
Anyway enough about that before we get into the usual argument. How disappointing were your Rose's this year.
Mine were fine - what are you paying for cucumbers?