Time for the barricades? | Vital Football

Time for the barricades?

James06

Vital Football Legend
around 300 people are apparently gathering outside Waterstones in New Street later today as a protest regarding the verdict in the Mark Duggan enquiry which led to the riots a few years ago.

Could get tasty.

I'd avoid it for now mate.

But if it does turn out like last time, with rioting and looting etc... I hope we see (maybe even earlier this time) the once, well twice, in a lifetime phenomenon of villa, blues and albion fans mobbing up to run the scumbags back to their shanties!

agreed.

Fucking scum. Just had a debate in work about the police... someone saying its their fault, they do fuck all, they're all useless etc etc.

asked what she would do if her house got burgled and her child got stabbed during it.... call the police she said. Right then, shut the fuck up!!

back on topic.... i'll let you all know what new st is like as i can see it from the office window... what time is this happening?

Always the police's fault.

Sorry, you carry a gun, whether you have since discarded it or not, what do you think might happen?

Wonder if any of the 300 are on benefits? If so, stop them immediately...!

5.30pm according the report linked:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-protest-against-lawful-killing-6483828

I hope the police dont piss about this time, they got criticised last time for being too soft so they should get tooled up and just wade in, no holds barred.

I am a anti Christ I am an anarchist don't know what I want but I know how to get it I want to destroy but what's the point.Wonder how many that turn up have even actually heard of him saying that though it does look a bit dodgy what happened.

Spot on. People are acting like it was an 85 year old nun walking down the street delivering 5 portions of fruit and veg to starving orphans. It wasnt. It was a drug dealing, gun-weidling low life who deserved all he got. The gun was his and why would you carry a gun if you weren't planning to use it? Hopefully there will be some water cannons! I'd happily pay to be the one that gets to fire it!!!

makes me laugh JF.... dont get me wrong, some coppers are arseholes and play the 'big i am' in uniform. But they are there to do a job , and on a whole, do it well.

James06 - 9/1/2014 12:44

5.30pm according the report linked:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-protest-against-lawful-killing-6483828

I hope the police dont piss about this time, they got criticised last time for being too soft so they should get tooled up and just wade in, no holds barred.

ahh i will be home by then :35: all good.

Do they still send the specials in for riot control? If so how long does it take to become one?

Or does anyone have a convincing coppers uniform I could borrow?

you can borrow my sisters mate....

would offer you my brother in laws, but i think he would want to be there himself lol.

Its the waterstones by the bull ring.... there are 2 on new st. Not the one near me.

theres one by the bull ring and then one by the ramp, the old bank.

I heard some very dodgy comments from a Green Party politician on the BBC earlier. People are abusing the situation for their own prejudices, a dangerous thing to do in my opinion.
I don't know enough about the case to comment too much but I do tend to trust a jury who have heard all the evidence.

sirdennis - 9/1/2014 12:52

He was the 43rd most wanted man in Europe apparently.

I f you live by the sword........
Exactly SirDen you win some you lose some

sirdennis - 9/1/2014 12:52

He was the 43rd most wanted man in Europe apparently.

I f you live by the sword........[/QUOTE ]

do they have League tables for that kind of thing? LOL.

What would these protestors think had the police shot and killed Lee Rigby's murderers? or what would a jury's verdict be?

They were unarmed afterall.

This Duggan bloke was a known gang leader, he was under watch for some time, it was widely known he was out for revenge on another gang for a murder. When stopped by police he was asked several times to drop his firearm, instead he fled, and threw it. They were right to shoot him, and his death as a result, is no loss whatsoever.