Time for another ersatz Telecaster | Page 2 | Vital Football

Time for another ersatz Telecaster

pic didn't work??

Not sure why you can't see it MM. It's clear as day to me, and others by the comments above.
This is my replica of the 50's model.....maybe the 8-hole pick guard is wrong but I used slot-head screws throughoutView attachment 39850

The 8 hole is certainly not period correct. Did you use single ply. I have a 50's Gold Strat which was white and single ply but I changed it to a pearl 3 ply. The single started to lift and bow whereas the triple stays true. I suspect I'll be changing the Tele's pick guard to triple ply.

I did actually think about an Esquire (single pup) but thought it might lose some of the Tele twang. With lockdown it's not like I could go and try them side by side. I actually preferred the colours of the Esquire; a nice mint green and a cool blue, but the single pup made me go with a later model.

The 8 hole is certainly not period correct. Did you use single ply. I have a 50's Gold Strat which was white and single ply but I changed it to a pearl 3 ply. The single started to lift and bow whereas the triple stays true. I suspect I'll be changing the Tele's pick guard to triple ply.
I knew there was a reason for choosing the 3-ply guard.

Not sure why you can't see it MM. It's clear as day to me, and others by the comments above.

I did actually think about an Esquire (single pup) but thought it might lose some of the Tele twang. With lockdown it's not like I could go and try them side by side. I actually preferred the colours of the Esquire; a nice mint green and a cool blue, but the single pup made me go with a later model.
The pick guard was not the only problem with early Fenders, eg no truss rod. Later, people found half a credit card as a neck shim (factory fitted).

I have several publications on the Telecaster but my favourite is the Haynes ManualB2D21202-A8DA-4CE6-B019-16A12CC77F04_4_5005_c.jpeg

Most interesting Wayne. I didn't know there was a Haynes for the Tele. I've still got my Morris 1000 1. No doubt Gimmer has one for his Anglia.