Time for a new manager? | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Caged Canary

Vital Youth Team
Farke is showing last season was a complete fluke so is it time to get rid? We haven't played well this season and he makes late changes in the game. We can't defend at all and we don't even create any more.

Farke is showing last season was a complete fluke so is it time to get rid? We haven't played well this season and he makes late changes in the game. We can't defend at all and we don't even create any more.

No!

The problem is injuries to the CBs and we need some tall and powerful players as DM (Ahmoud is one but we need another)
and at central attacking midfield.

In addition EMI needs to be told to stop looking for a free kick.

BTW Its not DF fault that we don't have owners with more resources.

DF is obviously frustrated too. I don't think we should be sacking him not at all.

I am not annoyed or blaming DF 100% for this as he hasn't had funds and injuries been dreadful plus I'm not sure if it is him who goes and gets players I think that's Webber and chief scout.

Df's tactic and subs aren't great and I think he needs to get his head around the fact that we are a premiership club. But I just wish he'd have had money to get players in.

Welcome CC! Definitely not DF's fault in the slightest. I've also been one to point the finger at the board over the years but I can't do that these last 2 seasons. SW has total free reign to do what he likes and he can spend what he wants. He has been open in saying he won't spend big and won't take risks - that is his decision and his alone, the board are simply trusting in him and going with his lead so the buck stops with SW in terms of whose to blame for not spending or investing. I genuinely believe that we have just done our usual going up too fast. Remember when SW first came here and he spoke about how we've always historically been promoted too fast and therefore can never sustain it? He spoke about a long term plan to get that success and that then, when it comes, we'd be more prepared to sustain it. Well, it took his first season to sort out finances out and establish the beginnings of an identity on field. He would not in his wildest dreams have thought the next season by playing with that we'd be competing in the PL. Of course now that we are here he wouldn't choose to be relegated, but I believe he is a man of principle and conviction in his beliefs so he likewise won't risk putting us back to situation 1 by throwing a bit of money in hope it keeps us up. He will have a plan for every outcome and if I was to judge him from day 1 to now, I couldn't put into words what a job he's done all around our club, we're light years ahead of where we were in all ways. Whatever happens this season we just need to stick with him and give him another 2-3 seasons. This is what he said would be needed from day 1 and I still haven't lost faith in him. Yes, losing every week is crap and extremely frustrating... but let's stick together, we'll come out stronger for it. OTBC

It’s a “no” from me but welcome CC.
All opinions welcome and it’s a discussion that is being had elsewhere, so why not on here too?

Defo a NO from me - lose your main defence and you'll get into trouble like we are - its treading water time until we get our main defenders back - its horrible but its a grin and bear it phase unfortunately.

Did Webber say we would be planning like we were still in the championship as this was the outlay of his plans? I don't think we spent like we were in the championship.

Also it's not like we are asking for them to spend 60 million not even 40 million but we could have gone out and spent money on a good forward, winger and defender. It was clear to see that the defence wasn't good enough, having just Hernandez and buendia as wingers was not great and we had said James was on his list so we were wanting another winger and finally having pukki and drmic as forwards with idah as a never used forward was poor planning.

Spending less than League One clubs on transfers indicates to me a wish to be League One and not the Premier League

Thank you for the kind welcomes everyone :)

It's been interesting to see what everyone thinks. I can see the injuries haven't helped but I don't understand why he hasn't tried one of the younger centre backs especially as youth has worked out well the previous two seasons.

I don't blame him for the lack of signings and I kind of get why we haven't signed anyone as I assume we are still trying to get out house in order plus the board will always be paid first before money is reinvested.

I am getting a bit frustrated that we are no longer going super attacking which you can see with lack of options when we have the ball in advanced areas but we aren't looking solid defensivly or like we are trying to get people behind the ball so we are kind of stuck in no mans land and don't get the benefit of either mentality while getting the negatives of both.
Hopefully he can turn it around especially when we get players back from injury but it is frustrating to watch at the moment.

Thank you for the kind welcomes everyone :)

....plus the board will always be paid first before money is reinvested.

The current board doesn't get paid anything for their roles as directors. In the past the club has had a CEO who has been a director but in the current set up the Chief Operating Officer is not a director of NCFC Plc.

The directors may have preference shares which they earn a small percentage (interest) on the sum lent to the club.

Any loans to the club (if any) - Delia & MWJ usually waive any interest

So I am puzzled by your comment: 'the board will always be paid first'

The current board doesn't get paid anything for their roles as directors. In the past the club has had a CEO who has been a director but in the current set up the Chief Operating Officer is not a director of NCFC Plc.

The directors may have preference shares which they earn a small percentage (interest) on the sum lent to the club.

Any loans to the club (if any) - Delia & MWJ usually waive any interest

So I am puzzled by your comment: 'the board will always be paid first'

I do apologise, this wasn't an attack at the board or owners I just thought this was standard business practice in football done by all clubs.

DF now has the chance on Friday to get Famewo in central defence alongside Godfrey , get Amadou and Tettey into defensive midfield , and get Onel and Emi onto the wings to feed Pukki . If he doesn’t do it then it will be time to start asking questions

Constructive criticism is good..but to come straight in and say last season was a fluke is an absolute rubbish comment, Did you see us play last season?
The team is badly depleted through injuries! It will get better...As for your comments about the board, again Absolute rubbish comments, you simply do not know what you are talking about!
Every person I know who supports Norwich (and included on here) was saying our squad last season was plenty good enough for the premiership before season start!

DF now has the chance on Friday to get Famewo in central defence alongside Godfrey , get Amadou and Tettey into defensive midfield , and get Onel and Emi onto the wings to feed Pukki . If he doesn’t do it then it will be time to start asking questions
I don't think he will. I think we will see Amadou back in the defence and it will probably be too much too soon for Tettey so he'll be on the bench.

Its a No from me too. Injurys ripped us up, although now id say bar Zimbo id say were not far off full strength. The lack of investment was huge, as in bringing in prem operators with experience and proven quality, easier said then done but money talks. DF does make subs way too late for me, did it championship too. Id like to see a proper plan B put in place so we can stop rolling over to every team we play lately.

To add, having no shots on target at a team like Brighton shows somethings hugely wrong, we all know our defensive issues, but attacking wise weve scored 1 goal in last 6 games now i think which is fodder.