Time for a new manager? | Page 85 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

In Dean we trust, hurry up, brrree, Taylor, whelan, elmohamdy, hutton, mc bigmack, tishbola, nyland, hogan, jedinak, Richards all still on the books the shit probably won't start rolling down the hill till they have all gone.

In Dean we trust, hurry up, brrree, Taylor, whelan, elmohamdy, hutton, mc bigmack, tishbola, nyland, hogan, jedinak, Richards all still on the books the shit probably won't start rolling down the hill till they have all gone.

Christ there are some poor poor players in that list. Only Hutton can say he has contributed and even he came costing millions with a hefty pay packet

I wish Dean hadn’t come in and raved about the quality we had - it’s come back and hit him in the face. The truth is baring one or two, they are all average journeymen, past their best and and in motivational decline. All Bruce’s and previous manager’s faults.
Smith’s future at Villa will similarly be based on his buys matching his football philosophy. So, Kalinic, Hause...

I wish Dean hadn’t come in and raved about the quality we had - it’s come back and hit him in the face. The truth is baring one or two, they are all average journeymen, past their best and and in motivational decline. All Bruce’s and previous manager’s faults.
Smith’s future at Villa will similarly be based on his buys matching his football philosophy. So, Kalinic, Hause...

A few talked on here talked about how Bruce ruined Sunderland. They were right he has done the same thing here and dined out on his 4 promotions blah blah blah.

Don't think we need a whole new team of "DS players". Just a few in the right positions. That's why Jack made such a difference. When you have a player orchestrating the moves like he does then it's easier for other players to do the pass and move bit. Take that player out and the others who don't have his skills become a little lost.

Don't think he should give up on his approach. We have to develop a positive style, otherwise it's back to "get yer boots on" and the rubbish that comes with it. We HAVE played reasonably well without Jack in the team and we have to keep trying.

We've got to make the remainder of this season purposeful. Once the play offs are mathematically out of reach I would try a different approach with a more long term view which involves getting shot of the loanees and playing our best young prospects .
This season will be about building for next year it seems and the year after that

You forgot to mention Kodjia, Angela, Hourihane and the loanee's.

We've seen the way Mr Smith wants them to play and it is exciting but, we are going to have to be patient because to be honest, with the squad we have, it'll probably take 2 or 3 complete seasons to get rid of them, especially with the wages we pay them.

So no, we don't need a new manager, we need a new squad.

How on earth will we shift dross like Nyland and Moiria ? Bunn aswell, and that's just the goalkeepers

Moreira is on loan so surely no problem there. No way Bunn is on a contract that runs beyond this season. Nyland isn't going anywhere till he's fit again so no point worrying about it. When he is fit there'll be someone in Scandinavia or Germany who will have him, he only cost us 1m so its not like he's going to cost the earth.

Time to bump this back with a list of managers I think are currently available and the last club they worked at. Got to admit some I don't really know but I do know if we don't change our current manager ASAP then nothing will change on the pitch and we will be relegated?

Flores - Watford
Allardyce - Everton/England.
Pochettino - Spurs.
Hughton - Brighton.
Valverde - Barcelona.
Kovac - Bayern.
Fernandez - PSG.
Allegri - Juventus.
Emery - Arsenal.
Spalletti - Inter Milian.
Giampaolo - AC Milan.
Silva - Everton.
Blanc - PSG.
Pellegrini - West Ham.
Hughes - Southampton.
Gracia - Watford.

Last edited:
Dean Smith is head coach, why not bring Sam allardyce in to help for the remainder of the season. Middlesbrough did it when venebles went in to help Robson and they stayed up. Desperate times call for desperate measures.