Time for a new manager? | Page 46 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

As Yannick Bolassie was nowhere near match fit, letting him go to us was Everton's way of sorting that problem. I'd expect him to be on less than half his usual salary, and possibly no loan fee. Anything else would be astonishing.

I don't know why people link Bruce with the finances. Surely the procedure is Bruce identifies targets and the club money men say, yes we can or no we can't.

This is the modern game. Clubs have money men, managers don't get involved You only have to listen to managers speaking on deadline days , they are sometimes clueless about what's going on with player negotiations and are waiting to find out.

I maybe wrong but Bruce does not hold or control the purse strings or decided weekly wages.

From what I can tell, Everton wanted to shift permanently so knew they'd take a loss but they couldn't get a bite given his injury. No way in hell we are paying more than 50% of his wages, they'd have taken any saving they could to shift him for a season and entice a sale by getting him back to form.

At absolute best Everton have asked for a promotion bonus/goal bonus on top.

Didn't we pay 65% of Snoddys wages to the dildo boys last year ?
tbh I'd not put it beyond our sharp minds to pay 100%
(esp as we were gazumping boro)
and I can't see how the manager also does not have input in that decision making process

still be a new one along soon enough

Manager has an input, but he doesn't sign the cheques or set his own budgets.

65% isn't a 100%, I get the distrust given how we've been run, but I just can't see it - again those letting this be claimed can't even get his wage right to begin with so why should the intimations being given weight?

Yup more press guesses about player wages. No one apart from player his agent and the club even know how a players wages are made up in most cases e.g. win bonuses appearance money etc total guesswork on his original wage and more guesswork on what percentage is being paid as a loan fee.

No mention in the above link of putting your boots on or there or there a boots.
Loved that.

Gentle piss take, vitriol not required. Bruce does give us gold-dust to work with.

We should start a thread with the most ridiculous excuses to lighten the mood.

Not sure about who the next appointment will be or when it will be, but it will be immense - have faith fellow Villains, billionaires don't do subtle.

Klopp, don't know why really, just think he might have the right characteristics for a club our size. Obviously he hasn't won anything so it could be a bit of a risk, but it's something I'm willing to overlook as I can see past his lack of silverware.

:blah::blah:

Apparently someone on Twitter linking us to Ralph Hasenhuttl. Be very surprised if we managed to get him, but did very well with his last 2 clubs and he wouldn't cost us any compensation either.

There are obviously good managers out there, some of whom would welcome a chance to manage a club like ours; even though we're in the Championship we do have a squad which is a good starting point, and the resources of the owners are a big plus.

It's pretty obvious that the clubs in this division who go out and take the risks yield the rewards. We shouldn't be frightened of taking risks. Better that than a manager who's always on about the challenge of playing for a "big club". Players should love playing for us and we need a manager who will create that sort of atmosphere.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing who we get in as DoF.
Someone with a good record as a manager, who is well respected would be my first pick. Someone who is used to working at a big club with all the pressure that brings.
It will be no surprize, to anyone who's been around this site for a while, that I am again throwing my vote behind Claudio Ranieri. (Who I wanted as a replacement for O'Neil).
Ranieri will be 67 in a short time and he could well be persueded that a move upstairs would be less stressful.
He would be ideal as support for a younger coach/manager without the experience of having worked at a big club.
There are quite a lot of people suggesting John Terry as our new coach/manager and Terry and Ranieri together could work well.