Time for a new manager? | Page 92 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Which seems to have utterly blinded you as to how completely shit he was. Bit like Deano and the Caramel cup 😆

Tim did have a massive impact when he arrived. Watching from the stands straight after his appointment at the dead flat cup game against Leicester, goes down to the dressing room at half time and has an immediate effect. Can remember Bacuna (!) with ball, hesitates as usual, then it's as though a "Yes I can" thought comes into his head, and hits a great strike into the corner. Tim saved our season.

Can't really blame him for the subsequent season. Leicester (again) was the turning point. 2 up towards the end of the game, then the clowns (Guzan, Lescott, Richards) handed it to them. His temperament went things went against was a bit dodgy though.

I had am insight as to what was happening in the Sherwood / Wilkins days and it wasn't second hand info either.
Sherwood just wouldn't listen to Ray and there were massive bust ups behind the scenes. The biggest one was at Rays house just after we had been beaten by Leicester after being 2 up.

I remember how gutted Tim was at the end of that game, he really cared and had his whole heart in us. Had us playing great football and winning games against clubs we hadn't got anything from for some time under Lambert. Something went very wrong at Southampton and he was then handed a money-ball mixed with his own preferences, similar to what DS has now.

That Leicester game in 2015 was massively significant for us and the manager that season.

5 years later, history repeats......

I remember how gutted Tim was at the end of that game, he really cared and had his whole heart in us. Had us playing great football and winning games against clubs we hadn't got anything from for some time under Lambert. Something went very wrong at Southampton and he was then handed a money-ball mixed with his own preferences, similar to what DS has now.

Tim was gutted because he had ignored the advice from Ray Wilkins. At 2-0 Ray told Tim it was time to tighten up, Tim instead thought Leicester were down and out. He carried on gung oh and the rest is history.
Ray told Tim he was resigning after the game which led to the meeting at Ray's house.

The turning point for Sherwood was away to Southampton where we lost 6-1. Its like the brief spell he'd cast was suddenly lifted and everyone realised he didn't actually know what he was doing. The only time we played well after that under him was the first hour of that Leicester game and he somehow managed to cock that up.

The blokes a complete spoofer. What's he done since he rightfully got binned from Villa. Director of football at Swindon is the only job he's had if I'm not mistaken.

The turning point for Sherwood was away to Southampton where we lost 6-1. Its like the brief spell he'd cast was suddenly lifted and everyone realised he didn't actually know what he was doing. The only time we played well after that under him was the first hour of that Leicester game and he somehow managed to cock that up.

The blokes a complete spoofer. What's he done since he rightfully got binned from Villa. Director of football at Swindon is the only job he's had if I'm not mistaken.

To be honest JW the only way is down after managing an failing at Villa