Tim Krul | Vital Football

Tim Krul

Agree with that ..,, and those two penalty saves in one game v Man Utd were pretty good as well
Just a shane the outfield players could sort it out. 2 pens saved in one match....you'd think that'd get players motivated to think 'it's going to be our day'

Krul was always going to be given the gloves and would have had to
be quite poor to be dropped. Instead he has been great and rightfully been first pick all season.
3 million euros is a waste of money when compared to the extremely
low amount of money spent on signings.

I think Krul now getting back into the Dutch side could mean he will want a move away. He will not want to be in championship as he'll want to keep his international career going. It is great he is in but on the other hand it could be the push that makes him leave us. From what I hear and see he loves the club and area so maybe not.

I agree with Tucks article - last season Krul had no competition. This season he had Fahramann who is a good GK and he also had the premiership and the watching eyes of the world, plus the Dutch manager. I hope that now we are back to the same situation as last season with McGovern his performance doesn't drop. Can't we get an emergency loan or something to give cover to Krul…..please!

We basically have the exact same squad as last season!

Interesting that Wootten says going with 2 GKs is a little fragile....well that is what have now - Mair as number 3 but inexperienced.

Also we went into a season with 1 left back, 1 fully fit CB, 2 out and out wingers and 2 out and out forwards...too fragile.