Tilt Hands In Transfer Request | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tilt Hands In Transfer Request

i think GB is a top man and a damn fine coach. but he is pretty safe here as no one is sacking him if he continues as is, which in football today goes a long way. could be the safest job in the efl

Who would stay in any work place with all the battling politics going on? I know I've left 4 companies due to in-fighting politics. I don't know how GB has lasted so far .....
He obviously hasn't Bob as Bowyers gone. You would think OO and all his debts would take a reasonable offer but then give nothing to the manager and this is why I think Bowyer has seen the light and gone!

The only way we'll get rid of that Oyston smell is when he carks it and then the ground will have to be fumigated.

Scrafton tweet

Tilt and his agent met with Owen Oyston last night. As I understand it, Owen is adamant he won't be sold.

One could speculate forever on why Owen has set his stall out in this way. Had he offered decent new contracts to all who have since left 9 months ago we would have a team capable of challenging for promotion under Gary Bowyer, very much so.

Blues admit defeat in bid to sign Tilt from Blackpool... but Hurst still wants a defender
PUBLISHED: 17:14 08 August 2018 | UPDATED: 17:32 08 August 2018
Andy Warren
image.jpg

Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt has been a target of Ipswich Town. Picture: Blackpool Gazette
Ipswich Town are ready to admit defeat in their bid to sign defender Curtis Tilt from Blackpool.

image.jpg
Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt is trying to force through a move to Ipswich Town. Picture: Blackpool Gazette
Blues manager Paul Hurst identified the 26-year-old as one of his top transfer targets after taking over at Portman Road this summer, with the two clubs in dialogue throughout much of the off-season.
The defender, originally valued by his club at £1million, remains keen on the move Portman Road and handed in a transfer request in a bid to force through a deal, but the Blues have found negotiations with Blackpool tough.
Two bids were rejected, up to a value of £650,000, and while it at one stage looked as if an agreement was close, no compromise was found.
Ultimately, owner Owen Oyston was adament Tilt would not be sold.

MORE: Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with loan move for Rangers’ John
Former Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer has praised the defender’s attitude during the process but, despite admiring his ability, is though to have been keen for a sale to go through in order to fund new players and help in the Tangerines’ search for a new training ground.
Bowyer resigned earlier this week following showdown talks with Blackpool owner Oyston.
Hurst is still known to want at least one more defender ahead of tomorrow’s 5pm deadline and, while a last-minute return for Tilt should not be discounted, there is a real sense the Blues’ pursuit has come to an end.

I really can't see the point in trying to keep him when his hearts elsewhere. If I was the manager, he would never play again.

One could speculate forever on why Owen has set his stall out in this way. Had he offered decent new contracts to all who have since left 9 months ago we would have a team capable of challenging for promotion under Gary Bowyer, very much so.
All this and there are still people who back him by purchasing season tickets. Why can they not understand that OO sees this as supporting him in his senile and deluded decisions that have taken BFC to the brink of destruction.

defender Curtis Tilt
image.jpg

Tilt looks set to remain a Blackpool player

MATT SCRAFTON

Email
Published: 15:22Thursday 09 August 2018

Interim Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips has confirmed reports that Ipswich Town have cooled their interest in Curtis Tilt after failing to agree a fee.

READ MORE: Ipswich end pursuit of Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt

The Championship side have been in talks with the Seasiders over a potential deal for the defender for much of the summer, but have been left frustrated by the lack of recent progress.

It then emerged last night that Ipswich had admitted defeat and have turned their attention elsewhere.

Ipswich boss Paul Hurst has since confirmed that they don't expect to make any new additions ahead of today's 5pm deadline.
McPhillips, speaking for the first time since being placed in temporary charge at Blackpool, expressed his surprise that other Championship clubs haven't shown an interest.
“The latest that I know is that they couldn’t agree a fee," he said.
"That’s all I know, I might get to find out more but I don’t know of any other clubs interested.

“Curtis is a fantastic lad. He’s a terrific pro.
“He’s only been in league football for one season. He had a year at Wrexham in the Conference and before that he was playing further down in the non-league pyramid.
“So to come in and do what he did last year is nothing short of outstanding.
“The lad obviously wants to better himself and play at a higher level, but I can’t speak any higher of Tilty.

“My only surprise is that more clubs haven’t come in from the Championship. It’s really surprised me.
“If you’re any good at scouting, there’s an obvious one at the pitch at Bloomfield Road.
“He’s as quick as Des Walker, he’s really competitive and he’s got better and better with the football. He’s a winner.”
Tilt, who was left out of Blackpool’s squad for their season opener at Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday, has previously handed in a transfer request to force through a move.
Ipswich have already seen two bids rejected for the centre back, with the last offer believed to total up to £850,000.

However, Blackpool value him closer to the £1m mark and Owen Oyston is adamant Tilt won't be leaving the club.
It is understood former Pool boss Gary Bowyer, who resigned on Monday, was prepared to sell Tilt as a way of financing other deals but Oyston is adamant he isn't going anywhere.
Tilt still has one year left on his contract at Blackpool with the option of a further 12 months.
It appears Tilt has accepted he won't be leaving the club today, although he still hopes a loan move could be arranged before the loan deadline at the end of this month.

Tilt now wants a loan, might as well let him go his heart isntin it whatever anyone says. £850K from ipshit Bowyer signs a decent striker oh how different it could of been.... now where have i heard that before.

Fcuk me, let it be tractor boys.....................

Ipswich Town are back in the running to sign Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt, a month after reportedly having had a bid rejected by Terry McPhillips’ side.

According to a tweet by Sun journalist Alan Nixon, Paul Hurst has shown further interest in signing the 27-year-old with a new and improved bid, which is likely to go through.
The tweet stated: “IPSWICH. In with new bid for Curtis Tilt at Blackpool. Should happen. Rival keen too but not moved fast enough. More online or in paper.”
The Tractor Boys are looking to secure the signing of the defender on loan with a view to a permanent deal in January, having missed the cut off date earlier this month.
Tilt made 45 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring one goal for the Tangerines, in a campaign that saw his side finish 12th in the League One table.
Tilt would join a whole host of other summer signings, with the likes of Trevoh Chalobah, Janoi Donecian, Kayden Jackson, Aristote Nsiala, Jon Nolan, Gwion Edwards, Ellis Harrison, Jordan Roberts, Tayo Edun who all arrived at Portman Road this summer.
The Verdict

Ipswich Town have made so many signings this summer, it comes as no surprise that they are back in pursuit of Curtis Tilt.
The Blackpool defender impressed through last campaign, and would certainly make a strong addition to Paul Hurst’s side.
Despite only having played one season in the English Football League to date, the 27-year-old deserves a chance to prove his worth in the Championship this season.