Tilt Hands In Transfer Request | Vital Football

Tilt Hands In Transfer Request

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Ffs just what we need.
Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt has handed in a transfer request as he looks to force through a move away from Bloomfield Road.

The centre back has been the subject of interest from Championship side Ipswich Town, who have already had two bids turned down with the last offer thought to be in the region of £550,000 to £600,000.

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer told The Gazette last month that he would want seven figures for the 26-year-old, who has also attracted the interest of Rangers, QPR and Reading.

The two clubs have remained in contact and it is understood further talks took place last week.

But the East Anglian Daily Times are reporting the club are becoming increasingly frustrated with the talks and are considering turning their focus to Shrewsbury Town defender Toto Nsiala.

Ipswich owner Marcus Evans is said to be losing patience regarding a continual moving of the goalposts, with the club not prepared to pay over the odds for a player in the final year of his contract.

Tilt was an unused sub during Blackpool's 1-1 draw at Crewe Alexandra on Saturday. He was later seen engaging in a private conversation with Bowyer on the Gresty Road pitch.

When told Tilt didn't feature in today's game, Ipswich boss Paul Hurst told the East Anglian Daily Times: "Didn't he? I wasn't aware of that but I'm smiling, so hopefully that's good news."

Bowyer, meanwhile, remain tight-lipped when asked about the ongoing speculation after the weekend’s friendly draw.

“That’s a question you’ll have to ask someone else at the football club. It’s not down to me on that," the Pool boss said.

“The boy has been fantastic all pre-season and he’s had a wonderful year with us.

“I just felt today he was a little bit tired and a little bit frustrated, but we’ll see what next week brings.”

It comes after a fine debut season for the centre-back, who made a seamless transition from non-league after signing from National League side Wrexham summer.

Last season was his first experience of the Football League but the Walsall-born Tilt impressed and ended up winning three gongs at the club’s end-of-season awards night, including The Gazette’s player of the season.

Tilt put in a string of man of the match displays and was a virtual ever-present for Pool last season, missing only two League One games through suspension and finishing the campaign with 45 appearances to his name.

He built up an impressive central defensive partnership with Clark Robertson, who joined Championship side Rotherham United on a free transfer at the end of last month.

I think the only issue here is, and has been, price. We know BFC are willing to sell at the right price - that's been a matter of record from GB for some time. The fact that Tilt asked for a transfer changes nothing in my mind.

let him go and stick in a decent sell on clause if theyre not that sure. the lad will not be with that dross for long.

the report continues with.. Hurst is still keen to land at least one more centre-back sooner rather than later though and it’s understood that a move could still be made for his trusted stalwart Toto Nsiala – a player he signed for both Grimsby and Shrewsbury.

This club is a mess and its only down to one idiot. I'm surprised any of them want to play for us, so credit to Bowyer.

Ipswich Town’s efforts to sign Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt has been a protracted one and after three bids placed, the Lancashire club is standing firm.
Although precise details are not easy to find, it appears that Town initially bid around 500,000 pounds for the player but this was quickly rejected by the Blackpool board who are said to want one million for the player. The Blues then upped their offer to 575,000 but again this was denied by the Lancastrians, who believe that in the current market their player is worth much more than that.
Yesterday, Ipswich put in a third bid for the player, said to be around 700,000 but the Tangerines are yet to accept the offer for the 26-year-old – even though Tilt has since handed in a transfer request in an attempt to free himself from this tiresome football straight jacket. Rumour has it that Ipswich owner Marcus Evans is becoming increasingly exasperated by the intransigence of Blackpool and may shortly pull the plug on the whole thing – unless the mood suddenly changes.
With less than three days to go before the new season kicks off at Portman Road when the Blues entertain Blackburn Rovers, there continues to be a frenzy of activity on the transfer front and which involves a number of different players.

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer says Curtis Tilt has trained as normal this week despite the defender handing in a transfer request.
On Tuesday it emerged Tilt had handed in the request to force through a move to Championship side Ipswich Town. But it's understood no progress has since been made since then. Unless something changes, Bowyer is expecting to have Tilt at his disposal for Blackpool's game at Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday. “The latest that I’m aware of is that he trained with us this morning," Bowyer said. “There is obviously still interest in him and that will continue until the window closes next week. Until I get told anything different, he’s training with us. “He trained on Monday and Tuesday as well as today and he’s been fine. He’s available for Saturday as far as I’m aware.” The 26-year-old didn't feature in Blackpool's last pre-season friendly of the summer at Crewe last weekend. Explaining the reasons behind that, Bowyer added: “He’s been magnificent the lad, in terms of how he’s conducted himself and how he’s behaved. “Last weekend at Crewe, I just noticed he was a bit distracted on the morning of the game - as any human would be - so I decided to pull him out of it having spoken to him." Ipswich are thought to have had two bids turned down for Tilt, with the last offer believed to be in the region of £600,000. Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer told The Gazette last month that he would want seven figures for the 26-year-old, who has also attracted the interest of Rangers, Derby, QPR and Reading. But the East Anglian Daily Times have reported the club are becoming increasingly frustrated with the talks and are considering turning their focus to Shrewsbury Town defender Toto Nsiala. Ipswich owner Marcus Evans is said to be losing patience regarding a continual moving of the goalposts, with the club not prepared to pay over the odds for a player in the final year of his contract. Meanwhile Ipswich boss Paul Hurst has suggested he has other targets in mind if things don't work out. “As far as I’m concerned that situation hasn’t changed,” he told the East Anglian Daily Times.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...s-training-as-normal-with-blackpool-1-9282411

I wish the Gerzette would read this site:

Tilt signed a 2 year deal with a 1yr option. Facts are that he has in reality 2 years left with us.

UPDATED: 18:27 02 August 2018
‘There’s no point giving up just yet... but we have other things in mind’ - Hurst on stalled Tilt move

Paul Hurst remains interested in signing defender Curtis Tilt but insisted he has other irons in the fire as negotiations continue regarding the Blackpool man.

Tilt has handed in a transfer request in a bid to force through a move to Ipswich, with Derby also showing tentative interest, while negotiations have shown no significant progress since the defender indicated his desire to move on.
Blackpool initially valued the 26-year-old at £1million, with the Blues having two bids up to £600,000 turned down, while it at one stage looked as though the two clubs were closing in on a compromise. However, Ipswich owner Marcus Evans is understood to be growing tired with the disjointed nature of the negotiations.
Tilt, a player Hurst first showed interest in at Shrewsbury, remains a leading target but the Ipswich manager insisted he is ready to move on if negotiations reach a dead end.
MORE: Ipswich targets Nsiala and Nolan banished from Shrewsbury training as Hurst stays tight-lipped
image.jpg

“As far as I’m concerned that situation hasn’t changed,” he said.
“I guess, like some of the other lads we’ve been linked to, he’s not my player at this moment in time if he ever will be (I don’t know). So I don’t want to go into that one too much.
“There’s no point giving up on anything just yet but what I would say and what I’ve made clear to certain people, is just because you’re interested in that player doesn’t mean you’re only interested in him and no-one else.
“If it isn’t going to happen we have to have other things in mind we can act upon. If a deal can be done somewhere else then it might be we are better going for that because I want a squad in place and want to know what I’m working with.

“That’s balanced out with some patience but, if we can get a deal done and like the player then let’s get it done.”
Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer said: “There is obviously still interest in him and that will continue until the window closes next week.
“Until I get told anything different, he’s training with us. He’s been magnificent the lad, in terms of how he’s conducted himself and how he’s behaved.

“Last weekend at Crewe, I just noticed he was a bit distracted - as any human would be - on the morning of the game, so I decided to pull him out of it having spoken to him. He’s available for Saturday as far as I’m aware.”
While the Blues have so far been frustrated in their attempts to sign both Tilt and Shrewsbury pair Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan, Hurst admits the situation is one which could change in an instant.

“One phone call could change everything,” he said. “We could have up to four new players in for Saturday if everything just suddenly went. I don’t believe it will. Whether or not we can get even one in for Saturday, we’ll see.
image.jpg

“Then I’ll have decision to make whether to include them in the squad because it will be so late in the day in terms of preparations for the game.
“I could sit here and say nothing is close, but it might be. It’s not in my hands and that’s when it gets frustrating. Patience, a word I’ve used numerous times since joining the club, is something I’m having to show.
“A lot of these situations, it does feel like you are in this silly game. It’s a case of who blinks first. We’ll just try to make the best call we can as a football club if there is business to be done.”

Hurst is also locked in a cat-and-mouse negotiation situation regarding Blackpool’s Curtis Tilt and Shrewsbury Town duo Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan – all three having handed in transfer requests.
It’s understood there is no progress on Tilt, while Town edge closer to agreeing a double deal for Nsiala and Nolan.

Rumour on AVFTT that O doesn't want to sell and has been told by someone (whoever that may be) not to sell him. Probably bulls***. Personally, I don't think we should sell him unless we get the asking price for him. As a club we sell too cheaply. And we shouldn't be selling at thd last minute if it means that Bowyer doesn't have time to do business at the other end of the pitch. The good thing is that the two centre backs (both loanees!) did ok yesterday. We shall know one way or the other in the next 4 days.

Last edited:
Dave, Tilt has had a very good season with us and certainly shown the quality to play at a higher level. If you were offered a salary probably 3 or 4 times more than current wages and the chance to play at a higher level with a better crowd and facilities I would certainly see it as being greener grass, even if I didn't subsequently succeed. He is 26 and probably has 6 or 7 years left in the game.

I agree Pete, what does disappoint me, and probably the reason for my moan, is that GB took him from non-league 1 year ago. My gut just tells me that he is getting a little ahead of himself.
He will have got better wages and signed in essence a 3 year contract when GB took a chance on him - there is no loyalty or gratitude anymore from footballers.
Vass had done nothing anywhere else - couldn't wait to get away.

I guess they haven't also seen Bloomers as it should be - the off the pitch situation will definitely not helped.

Who would stay in any work place with all the battling politics going on? I know I've left 4 companies due to in-fighting politics. I don't know how GB has lasted so far .....