Tiime too honour Harry Lyon. | Vital Football

Tiime too honour Harry Lyon.

Absolutely, renaming West Stand would do for me.
We do have heritage, I don’t care one jot that much of what we are, even now, was rooted in a glorious non league existence.
Actually I think I only saw him a few times, but he was revered by all the old guard back then, and with good reason.

The East Stand should be re-named The Harry Lyon Stand rather than The Boston United Stand. Yes I know it was Boston who won the NPL the year we were elected to the league and I suppose we owe them because their ground wasn't up to league standards but to name a stand after them is strange. Definitely must be the East Stand that needs to be The Harry Lyon Stand.
A Dave Whelan and Paul Jewell Stand for The South and North would be great too and why not The Martinez stand for the West.

A Statue, the DW stadium is his initials DW on the kit and now a stand, Id like to think the man is more humble than your suggestion.

We might all be in for a shock with these so called new owners will more than likely change the grounds name could even have us playing in RED god help us Strange things happen in football these days

We might all be in for a shock with these so called new owners will more than likely change the grounds name could even have us playing in RED god help us Strange things happen in football these days

Why playing in Red?

That's what happened with Cardiff...... Red's meant to be lucky in China.

I presume they must all play in red out there!
?
Interesting that Moonay, I didn't know that Cardiff changed to Red, learn something every day!

One club has changed it's colours. Why do automatically assume we will too? I don't see the problem with a stadium name change. It's not exactly unheard of.

No one saying its automatic just saying this happens as for renaming stands there are plenty of names that could be put forward From both codes football and rugby

Some really clever, go ahead, super organiser should get things going to get the stand named.

I always thought the Boston stand was named after rugby legend Billy Boston.

No one saying its automatic just saying this happens as for renaming stands there are plenty of names that could be put forward From both codes football and rugby

Didn't you see the tweet last week that IEC's main man - Sum Ting Wong is to have the South Stand named after him.

Racist maybe, funny no. Maybe the lazy sid bloke still calls the Chinese chippy a Chinky.

Bit like over here n Aus when the English get called Pomms, its ok because everyone does it.

Racist maybe, funny no. Maybe the lazy sid bloke still calls the Chinese chippy a Chinky.

Bit like over here n Aus when the English get called Pomms, its ok because everyone does it.
Racist maybe?
Get a life sorted for yourself.

What is wrong with with us being called Poms? It's just a nickname for god's sake. When and why did this world become so over sensitive?