Tigers reaction to the 4-0 drubbing | Vital Football

Tigers reaction to the 4-0 drubbing

Keane thinks most of the lineup from last night will start on Saturday..... I disagree

If we stick with 1-4-2-3-1 I reckon we will see Carson back, Fozzy at left back Lawro and Bennett into the "3" and I would like to see Foghorn Leghorn keep his place.

If TH isn't up to 2 games in such short succession yet then Ledley in for him.

Keane thinks most of the lineup from last night will start on Saturday..... I disagree

If we stick with 1-4-2-3-1 I reckon we will see Carson back, Fozzy at left back Lawro and Bennett into the "3" and I would like to see Foghorn Leghorn keep his place.

Interesting problems to have. We now have cover in most positions and very interesting options up front. We just need that extra spark in midfield for me but Jozefzoon and Holmes look very good players going forward.

Interesting problems to have. We now have cover in most positions and very interesting options up front. We just need that extra spark in midfield for me but Jozefzoon and Holmes look very good players going forward.

Interesting problems indeed. Flo Jo and my Holme boy did look good on Tuesday but, at 64, I think I could have put a good looking shift in against Hull. Their first team will be a different kettle of fish come Saturday. I would mainly stick, for now, with the players who gave us back to back 2-0 League wins and have done the business against SBC players rather than against 2nd string and Academy players.

Interesting problems indeed. Flo Jo and my Holme boy did look good on Tuesday but, at 64, I think I could have put a good looking shift in against Hull. Their first team will be a different kettle of fish come Saturday. I would mainly stick, for now, with the players who gave us back to back 2-0 League wins and have done the business against SBC players rather than against 2nd string and Academy players.
Agreed, but again a wonderful dilemma for Frank with such good players to blend into the squad and team. Looking forward to Saturday :wahey:

I think you mean 4-2-3-1? Thats the formation described by all english football coaches, managers and other people describing it - your terminology whilst used to comfort the poor lonely youth goalkeepers in the Netherlands is not used anywhere else that i can find - not when any premier or EFL manager is describing their formations to when the BBC, Sky Sports or BT Sport or ITV describe a teams formation and certainly not in the FA coaching manuals that my local teams use.

I realise your trying to start a trend but its only in your head that it will ever be used.

You seem to have forgotten the pages I posted from FA Coaching Manuals which included the keeper in the formation descriptions...... 10 out of ten for persistence though.

You seem to have forgotten the pages I posted from FA Coaching Manuals which included the keeper in the formation descriptions...... 10 out of ten for persistence though.
Suppose it is kind of true though especially with the invention of the sweeper keeper, although I don't want Carson getting any ideas again, it usually doesn't end well when we muck about at the back

Suppose it is kind of true though especially with the invention of the sweeper keeper, although I don't want Carson getting any ideas again, it usually doesn't end well when we muck about at the back

Yep...it’s certainly ‘kind of true’...but seeing as the numbers refer to changes of formation and seeing as no side is ever going to start with either more or less than one goalkeeper...it’s also a bit of a ‘gimme’ and a fairly futile ‘debate’ imo.
Let’s just agree that some ‘keepers are also ‘footballers’ but their main job is always going to be to prevent goals. Anything else is a bonus...Shilton seemed to do okay and he most certainly wasn’t a ‘footballer’.

Latest Rams News