TICS v Bratfurt | Vital Football

TICS v Bratfurt

Martinez1986

Vital Squad Member
Well this is an must win match if ever there was one especially after satdays disappointing performance will cookie make changes for this game bring a couple of fringe players in will Cole get a start he must be chomping at the bit for action should Walton be dropped after conceding eight goals in four how about Bruce for Burn give the lad a rest

Anyhow our record at Bradford is frankly crap on par with Ewood Park in fact alas stats/records are there to be broken a sneaky win by the odd goal for the tics

Away record at Bradford

P12 W1 D6 L5 F 17 A 25

Record win 1-0 22/1/83

Record loss 6-2 27/12/83

UTT

I don't think previous records are any thing to do with what happens next to be honest.

I'd do exactly as you suggest with the team there. Alternatively, Daniels had been playing very well at Rochdale, at centre half!
Perkins wouldn't be any where near the team again for me, I'm afraid. And if Fulton isn't going to get a look in what was the point?
With both Massey and Jacobs out of form, surely there is a place for Walker too.

Walton is by far & away a better keeper than Jones - to suggest dropping him for Jones on the basis that he's conceded 8 in 4 when he has been completely blameless for most of them is insane.

Jacobs & Massey I can understand calls for them to be taken out of the starting line up as they've been off the boil for sustained periods but not Walton.

Powell seems to have allowed the praise that followed the West Ham game, & the big money bids, to make him complacent

We have lost our attacking prowess and fluidity , it`s all got a bit messy and goals are now leaking each game
We look a little lost and disjointed , even the Rochdale win was poor and not very entertaining
I don`t know who brings that to the table who has not been playing
Colclough has not taken his chance Cole is not in favour, Walker maybe ? Vaughn is just a battler
My big thing with Walton is he is rooted to his line , you imagine there first goal if Schmeichel was in goal , he would of took his head off , he dosen`t command his area for me ..
Bradfords pitch is a leveler it is that bad .. tough one again ..

I agree with much of what you say there mighytics ..........except your first line. "We have lost our attacking prowess" ............ bear in mind we scored 3 goals on Saturday.

I especially agree re Walton. He's a great shot stopper, but if he ahs a weakness, not coming off his line is definitely it.

Ali Al Habsi never came off his line and he was the best keeper in this club’s history. If that’s all people can find wrong with Walton then he’s got a bright future ahead.

C_Latic - 13/3/2018 14:42

Ali Al Habsi never came off his line and he was the best keeper in this club’s history. If that’s all people can find wrong with Walton then he’s got a bright future ahead.

Not a patch on tunksy :tophat: :tophat:

Kicking needs work. Some shanks on average surfaces over the winter.
Very,very left footed. Takes time shifting over to his left foot. Could get caught out when playing at a higher level.
Very quiet in and around his area.
Has had a few mouthfuls from his colleagues in recent games.
Has had bugger all to do this season. Struggling to recall many saves where the jaw has dropped. Happy to be reminded about them though (I didn't travel to Bournemouth).

No doubt very talented.
Young and goalies generally get better as they get older.
Will be interested to see him play at a higher level

Not sure of the logic there C_Latic. Even if Ali was the best, he had a weakness. So does Walton.

By the way, I remember that time when All let that high ball straight through his hands ....... unchallenged.

Martinez1986 - 13/3/2018 15:03

Or Denis Reeves or former Man Utd keeper David POP Gaskell

but Ali was a belter

Or John Filan

Lee Koo - 13/3/2018 19:29

Or John Filan
Filan better than Al Habsi? Please don’t make me laugh. Filan was never good enough in the Premier League. You know, that league Ali kept us in almost single handedly for two years running. If Al Habsi was in the team Filan was lucky enough to be in, he’d have set a record for clean sheets kept.