Ticket Re-sale Warning | Vital Football

Ticket Re-sale Warning

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Was meant to put this up the other day, as it was sent to the FCG But then, if they have a consultation group and don't consult... err...

Not sure what to make of this really:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/New-measures-to-prevent-resale-of-tickets/

Aston Villa supporters are advised of additional measures the club are now putting in place to combat the increasing number of fans attempting to re-sell tickets.

The club has become aware of the need to address supporter conduct with regards to ticket ownership, for both home and away matches.

Fans are reminded of the legitimate route provided in which to resell their home season ticket on a match-by-match basis through the club’s approved process. For more details and our ticketing FAQs, click here.

Periodically throughout the season, purchasers for away fixtures will also be selected at random and asked to collect tickets from the host stadium on a matchday with the production of valid photo ID.

To maintain club integrity, the following consequences have now been put in place in an attempt to prevent offences taking place.

1632559708556.png

1632559728819.png

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean that if I'm unable to attend a game for whatever reason I can't give my card to someone else?

There's not many home games I've missed over the last 25 years but in December I'm away for 3 weeks on my honeymoon so I'll miss 2 home games. I would normally have given my ticket to my mum but would this now lead to a ban?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean that if I'm unable to attend a game for whatever reason I can't give my card to someone else?

There's not many home games I've missed over the last 25 years but in December I'm away for 3 weeks on my honeymoon so I'll miss 2 home games. I would normally have given my ticket to my mum but would this now lead to a ban?
I'm more concerned with you booking a honeymoon in the football season, you need to give that head a wobble JW:shake:

I'm more concerned with you booking a honeymoon in the football season, you need to give that head a wobble JW:shake:

It only seemed fair as in 2018 she agreed to cut out the last day of our weekend away in London that I'd booked as her birthday present in order to get up at 6AM, catch a national express coach and then be abandoned at Digbeth coach station whilst my dad picked me up so I could get to the Villa-blues game.

I'd booked it all months before the fixtures had even come out and it just happened that the one game I couldn't miss fell on that Sunday.

Doesn't seem that way to me. Seems it involves Fan ID as oppose to the actual physical card . So if I give my fan ID to my neighbour to get a ticket that is an offence .
But if I give my season card to my lad who is a villa fan for a match then that's OK.
So I think you giving your mum the card is fine adult to adult on non money exchange basis.

Seems the beef is people making a profit from tickets and unregistered supporters obtaining tickets . I.e away fans in home areas .

Last edited:
I guess there’s been a snowball effect with our success and demand for tickets. So the 3k that snap up away tickets for each game, I’m sure the vast majority are genuine. However, there is then the effect of say a couple of hundred who buy it anyway (to get their history up) and pass it or sell it on.

On a small scale, it goes unnoticed as I have occasionally borrowed references for non STH mates and I’ve bought tickets for games where I wouldn’t qualify.

If this does get cut down, it’ll mean those who are on the cusp of getting away tickets but can’t because those above are buying them to preserve a status or make money, I don’t actually think that’a a bad thing.

That's all well and good but I don't look like any of my photo ID anymore so how would that affect me

I don't have a problem with cracking down on people sharing fan IDs to buy tickets for others etc but I don't think it's clear how it would be viewed if you gave your season ticket to someone for a one off. I presume this update is not targeted at those situations as per the comments above, but it's not clear at all.

The best way to do it is to tell them you are letting some one else have the season ticket and what they do is buy the seat off you and then sell it straight back to whoever you are giving the seat to. Something to do with knowing who is at the game and their details etc. I did it for the Newcastle game and it was pretty straightforward.

The best way to do it is to tell them you are letting some one else have the season ticket and what they do is buy the seat off you and then sell it straight back to whoever you are giving the seat to. Something to do with knowing who is at the game and their details etc. I did it for the Newcastle game and it was pretty straightforward.
Friend tried to do that but the the ticket office wait on the phone became too long

Yes. Took me 40 mins to get through. The telephone staff are still working from home so its not easy to get through at the moment.
Strange. Should it really be taking longer as people working at home vs in the office? i know companies don’t like answering calls so provide it on the internet. Villa remain poor at this.

Strange. Should it really be taking longer as people working at home vs in the office? i know companies don’t like answering calls so provide it on the internet. Villa remain poor at this.

It’s the perfect job for a lot of people, working from home doing and administration kind of role, especially those who want part time or have kids to work around.

I was on the phone for a good 45-50 mins a fe weeks ago, I don’t think it’s good enough from the club but that’s nothing against the staff - guy I spoke with was very helpful and pleasant.