THST Film Message... | Page 2 | Vital Football

THST Film Message...

Never heard of that saying "all noise is good noise"?

I would hope that Levy knows that if fan groups are going to this much trouble then all is not well with him and his board's stewardship of the club. As you say, he should also know that the people pushing back pay his wages by being Spurs customers i.e. fans. They put money into his revenue streams. As you say, we all have the choice where to spend our money.

So I've never doubted Levy's intentions are honourable. He is after all a Spurs fan like the rest of us. I've also never doubted that in times of revenue growth there have been some bad business and financial decisions made. There always are in companies and there definitely have been in Levy's tenure.

What I want to see now is Levy to stop running a half a billion company like a £100m company. He needs to acknowledge his personal strengths and weaknesses and get the exec team right around him. That should mean him moving to more of a senior position and stepping back from the football operations.

I actually don't want him out at all. I just want him to re-organise the club first and see where it takes us. I'd worry about the alternative of different owners.

The only thing that came out of this video is that the barrier to entry to your 15 minutes of fame (which usually translates to idiocy) is now much more accessible if you have a cheap video camera and can set up a YouTube account.

Never heard of that saying "all noise is good noise"?

I would hope that Levy knows that if fan groups are going to this much trouble then all is not well with him and his board's stewardship of the club. As you say, he should also know that the people pushing back pay his wages by being Spurs customers i.e. fans. They put money into his revenue streams. As you say, we all have the choice where to spend our money.

So I've never doubted Levy's intentions are honourable. He is after all a Spurs fan like the rest of us. I've also never doubted that in times of revenue growth there have been some bad business and financial decisions made. There always are in companies and there definitely have been in Levy's tenure.

What I want to see now is Levy to stop running a half a billion company like a £100m company. He needs to acknowledge his personal strengths and weaknesses and get the exec team right around him. That should mean him moving to more of a senior position and stepping back from the football operations.

I actually don't want him out at all. I just want him to re-organise the club first and see where it takes us. I'd worry about the alternative of different owners.
As usual, Mutters, that's an excellent post. Maybe my tolerance for bullshit isn't as strong as yours, but I suppose you are right in your own way. If this helps make a change, then fine. Personally, I think its all foam and no beer. Ever heard of that one? lol I want this club moving forward and trust me, these clowns are not the answer.

As for Levy, its 20 years now, and he's been in charge of the most barren trophy run since before the Second World War. The training ground, kudos. The stadium, Kudos. One minor trophy in two decades? I'm sorry, but me wanting him gone is no knee jerk reaction on my part. He's accomplished great things off the pitch and now I think its time he moved aside and let someone else utilise the magnificent infrastructure he's built to achieve what he has failed to do.

But he wont dare to do that, I bet.

Last edited: