Three Young Players I Think Will Make The Grade | Vital Football

Three Young Players I Think Will Make The Grade

Tuckster

Alert Team
Staff member
This was going to be a thread around four young players who stand a chance of making the first team squad next season, that was until Carlton Morris suffered is horrible ACL.

Anyway, here’s three pieces, each about a different player...

Ben Godfrey: https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/ben-godfrey-the-new-norwich-enforcer/

Todd Cantwell: https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/is-todd-cantwell-norwich-citys-new-number-10/

Remi Matthews: https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/matthews-looks-well-placed-to-be-the-new-norwich-number-one/

Thoughts?

We have some good prospects and also a couple in the u23 like Phillips, Oxborough, Aarons (who DF apparently likes the look of), Mourgos and even long serving McIntosh, Idah and Abrahams. Other clubs use their youngsters more and more so should we and I hope this season we will see it more often.

Tucks - I think Godfrey will be the one who will be seen as a 1st teamer. Cantwell and Matthews will need to prove it more in pre season. With Gunn gone, McGovern on the transfer list, Jones out of contract we do need another GK so he might have to fight for that number 1 which isn't a bad thing and Cantwell has lots of talent and I think could be a bloody good player during his loan he has built up and gained confidence which I hope DF will keep building on. Morris would have been given a go in preseason.

I agree DG - Replace Gunn with Matthews - Pinto with Aarons - Tettey with Godfrey - Maddison with Cantwell.

I think you’re right about Godfrey, Bears. He looks as though he’s too good for League One, so back here is the logical next step. The lad from Liverpool, Ward, may be available and may be quite cheap, so perhaps Ward and Matthews fighting for the shirt. Competition is healthy and always needed to get the best out of people...

Matthews will have to compete for the keepers spot, and I imagine Cantwell will compete with whoever we replace Maddison with too

Godfrey will get plenty of game time I’m sure. I’ve heard they’re looking to get Idah training with the 1st XI in pre season and if he does well he may be involved in the squad next year

I love to see our home grown lads playing for us , but as nice as that is , none of them are likely to take us into the Prem any time soon. A considerable financial investment in the team would be needed to challenge for the top two spots and the club simply haven’t got the money

So we have Hanley - Lewis - Matthews - Aarons - Raggett - Husband - Godfrey - Cantwell - Jarvis - Morris - Thompson - Phillips - Martin

All come under the homegrown/English players. I still expect DF to bring in a couple of others to meet the criteria.

I also think Adah should be given a chance otherwise we risk losing him too. Get him in the mix

Also on the website I see the u23 side has been updated but first team still has Reed but everything else up to date?

U23 side is looking small go get more players in :-)