Three more TV games for the Rams | Vital Football

Three more TV games for the Rams

Have the changes affectedbrian clough trophy.jpg your plans? let us know on here or leave a comment at the bottom of the article on our main website

Hotel extension booked and paid. Check

New flight back home booked and paid. Check

Match day tickets ordered. Check............ and they aren't even on sale yet
wink.png

Bloody expensive game this will be. A 3 day weekend has just become a 5 day mini break. £500 each it will cost (4 of us). Worth it though.

Hotel extension booked and paid. Check

New flight back home booked and paid. Check

Match day tickets ordered. Check............ and they aren't even on sale yet
wink.png

Bloody expensive game this will be. A 3 day weekend has just become a 5 day mini break. £500 each it will cost (4 of us). Worth it though.
Feel for you MA, not nice being at the beck and call of the Sky megalomaniacs I know but Derby are now so popular with Lampard at the helm and their exciting new young players that I think we will feature more and more as the season progresses. Not good for you non UK supporters but good news for the armchair fans :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Not good news for this particular armchair fan. £12.50 a month for the RamsTV subscription and then you don't get the service far too often.

The Leeds away game will be our 27th league game of the season and about the 10th one to be televised so we RamsTV subscribers will have only seen 17 via that medium.

OK, so I have seen the others via streams or going to a pub in Amsterdam to watch it (1 hour bus journey both ways plus the cost of beer....) so I haven't missed a thing as, even the one game I did miss, I watched the full 90 2 days later via dcfc dot.......

The 17 live on RamsTV will have cost £4.40 each so I shouldn't complain too much I suppose. But that's 37% of the games I haven't been able to watch via RamsTV. I reckoned on missing 10 to 12 over the entire season. It's going to be closer to 20 the way things are going. It's galling, especially all that time spent on the bus....

Feel for you ‘Amster (and north staffs ram too). Having just spent £108 on three Hillsborough tickets it’s not just Sky giving football fans grief though.

Not good news for this particular armchair fan. £12.50 a month for the RamsTV subscription and then you don't get the service far too often.

The Leeds away game will be our 27th league game of the season and about the 10th one to be televised so we RamsTV subscribers will have only seen 17 via that medium.

OK, so I have seen the others via streams or going to a pub in Amsterdam to watch it (1 hour bus journey both ways plus the cost of beer....) so I haven't missed a thing as, even the one game I did miss, I watched the full 90 2 days later via dcfc dot.......

The 17 live on RamsTV will have cost £4.40 each so I shouldn't complain too much I suppose. But that's 37% of the games I haven't been able to watch via RamsTV. I reckoned on missing 10 to 12 over the entire season. It's going to be closer to 20 the way things are going. It's galling, especially all that time spent on the bus....
Not good at all mate, you would think the club would recognise this and give you a discount on the missed games due to Sky

I suppose it's more the principle than the money really. When you sign up for RamsTV you know, or should do, that televised games won't be available and missing 10 to 12 games is, sort of, acceptable and accepted......... by me anyway. We are, however, heading for 20 televised games which works out at £4.80 a game for the 26 games shown on RamsTV.

My biggest bugbear is that Ziggo, who own the SBC rights in the Netherlands, have only shown 1 or 2 of our League games this season so far.

I contacted Ziggo last season and they would have no qualms whatsoever with RamsTV showing the games they weren't broadcasting.

I passed this information on to both the EFL and DCFC. Both said "nothing we can do it's in the contracts". I pointed out to both that Ziggo wouldn't be aggrieved and that all EFL and DCFC had to do was amend the contracts so RamsTV could broadcast games that Ziggo weren't. I pointed out how daft it was that the contract disallowed RamsTV broadcasting even when the rights holder, Ziggo, was OK with them broadcasting it. Nobody rights would be infringed.

I think the logic was simply too strong for them.

Its a business and the club needs every nickel it can get to try to put a decent team on the pitch. Look at it like this MA - you have helped pay for Jack Marriott. See, wasn't that worth it.

But it does uncover a deeper point, which is the cost of following your team generally. £ 30 a ticket is about norm now, plus transport, programme, pie and chips, drinks etc. Take your kid and that's not far off £ 100 for an afternoon or evening entertainment. About the cost of a low budget 3 day break in Prague:

https://www.myholidayguru.co.uk/tag/holidays-under-100/

you pays your money and takes your choice. The working man's sport? I dont think so.

It is a business Rog, I accept that but IMO any contract that stops something happening when nobody's rights are being infringed is completely illogical. and needs rewriting.

It may need rewriting but as you are not party to it, its tricky to enforce that idea if the parties to the contract cant be arsed!

I would say it was a simple lack of Customer service to be honest, the club has made the option of non UK supporters to be able to access the game on a season ticket like option, if you are unable to get to the game, I do believe the club gives you a refund on those games missed if you give them advanced warning, or tickets can be used by other family members or friends.

Rams TV customers should not be made to miss out on games they have paid to watch. I guess the only option would be for you to buy the game (when available to you) on a match to match basis rather than a season-long payment...........As I said though very poor customer relations from the club if that was their only response to you mails.

You know when you sign up that televised games aren't in the package so you can't complain really. It just seems like madness that I can't watch games in Holland that aren't broadcast in Holland.

Latest Rams News