Three Lions MatchDay Thread – England v Croatia | Page 3 | Vital Football

Three Lions MatchDay Thread – England v Croatia

Well done England, three points on the board, clean sheet, tremendous team performance, Sterling, Mings and Phillips stood out. Well done Southgate got team selection spot and players delivered onward.

Happy days starting with a win not brilliant but did enough takes the pressure off next fridays game can’t complain we’ll need to step it up if we get through the group stage which having won one we should but most teams that win don’t come out with all guns blazing it’s not a sprint

Disappointing. The Croat midfield missed Rakitic, or a player with his attacking qualities, and Modric is looking his age. They really didn't turn up.

Terrible atmosphere. Guy Mowbray gushed when St Marcus came on "what a raucous reception" when the crowd sounded dead. He embarrassed himself further describing St Marcus as "not just the man of the moment, he's the man of the year". What a good little BBC stooge Guy is.

Is it just me all the,pundits gushing about Phillips pass to Sterling for the goal he did it perfectly but it was set up by the ball out of defence he had to run onto it and had to go forward with it credit sterling’s run which gave him the easy option which to be fair he did execute perfectly but it all stemmed from the first ball out of defence think it was Walker but could be wrong

I also should add that Phillips played really well I’m not his biggest fan but both him and mings did well there will be tougher tasks ahead but you can only play against what’s in front of you and they did that well today

Is it just me all the,pundits gushing about Phillips pass to Sterling for the goal he did it perfectly but it was set up by the ball out of defence he had to run onto it and had to go forward with it credit sterling’s run which gave him the easy option which to be fair he did execute perfectly but it all stemmed from the first ball out of defence think it was Walker but could be wrong
Just seen the goal again and Phillips did better than I thought when he skipped past a player but the initial ball put him on the front foot and made him go forward
good football all round, very pleasing

Would have liked to see Vlasic and Petkovic start. I think they will in the next games.

If Orsic is fit he should be considered on the left. I thought Perisic was poor today.

Vlasic playing in front of Brozovic and Modric would make for a better balanced midfield.

Dreary game for me....good teams go on and get a second. We had no drive.

Just as well Croatia were dreadful. Or were they trying to avoid winning the group?

Good interviews from Mount, Sterling, Mount and the manager, clear to see the players buy into Southgate's game plan. Picked players and a system to win a game of football and it worked to a tee. Players not getting carried away but certainly enjoyed the win as the fans did in the stadium we move on to the next game.

Disappointing. The Croat midfield missed Rakitic, or a player with his attacking qualities, and Modric is looking his age. They really didn't turn up.

Terrible atmosphere. Guy Mowbray gushed when St Marcus came on "what a raucous reception" when the crowd sounded dead. He embarrassed himself further describing St Marcus as "not just the man of the moment, he's the man of the year". What a good little BBC stooge Guy is.

Utter puke inducing shit. We really have hit rock bottom when accolades like that are given to some no mark .

How about every frontline health worker is man/woman of the decade instead. Rashford FFFS 1623598383961.png

To be fair to the BBC, surprisingly, I didn't see them dwelling on 'the knee' at any point. Have they learned?

They didn't but remember, whilst England won both their warm-up matches (at gloomy Riverside), both 1-0. Croatia drew 1-1 with Armenia and then lost 1-0 with Belgium. I know it doesn't always mean much but there obviously lacking somewhere on the pitch