Thoughts on the future of Chris Hughton | Page 9 | Vital Football

Thoughts on the future of Chris Hughton

If Hughton is given a chance and it didn't work out for whatever reason I would want us to try and get Mark Robins.Coventry play positively with some style, he utilises youth and gets the best out of them and it would be interesting to see what he could do with some funds to spend at his disposal.

If he was in for the full season where would we have finished?
About 2 points better off.

No excuses; we probably performed better in those four defeats than we did in most of Hughton's games.

These last six have been an utter disgrace. The performances have been dire, we deserved one point rather than the three we struggled to and the players absolutely didn't seem to give a shit what the results were.

These last six have been an utter disgrace. The performances have been dire, we deserved one point rather than the three we struggled to and the players absolutely didn't seem to give a shit what the results were.
Yes those performances have been as bad as any, and came after the 2 wins and a draw over Easter which showed what they were capable of with a little application, then once safety had been all but secured they decided they couldn't be bothered again, which suggests that a lot of the problems have been in the application, effort, attitude department rather than a complete lack of skill / ability

I
Yes those performances have been as bad as any, and came after the 2 wins and a draw over Easter which showed what they were capable of with a little application, then once safety had been all but secured they decided they couldn't be bothered again, which suggests that a lot of the problems have been in the application, effort, attitude department rather than a complete lack of skill / ability
I Remember saying after QPR that our maximum points total was 66, and I didn't see any reason why we couldn't reach 60-62 of those given the way we had been playing.

We got 52. Absolutely embarrassing.

What I don't like is managers blaming the referee for losing, such as today. Although it is annoying, there will always be dubious decisions over the season and it is how you respond to them.For example, I can't remember Cloughie ever using a referee decision as an excuse for losing.

I just don’t share the negativity.

He’s a manager with a great record.

When he had the opportunity to make signings, he brought players in who have improved us in key positions.

I don’t think we should underestimate the clusterf*ck that was the incoherent transfer activity at the start of the season. When Hughton came in, the only objective was to stay up, which he did.

I do not see any basis for calling for his removal.

We can only start to form judgements on his reign when we get to Jan next year in my opinion, which is when he’ll have had sufficient oversight of transfers and development of a team to say that he truly ‘owns’ the position we find ourselves in at that point.

We can only start to form judgements on his reign when we get to Jan next year in my opinion, which is when he’ll have had sufficient oversight of transfers and development of a team to say that he truly ‘owns’ the position we find ourselves in at that point.
Don't disagree with what you say, realistically however if we make a dodgy start to next season as I fear we may he'll be off after the first half a dozen games.

I have this nagging feeling that the same will happen this summer as last he will given the time and a reasonable to bring players in, we will get off to a poor start playing dour football, and he will be on his way.

If reasonably sized crowds are allowed in, and the football is the same style with similar outcomes as this season then his demise might be accelerated, as I can't see fans putting up with the same fayre that has been served up this year and given the chance will able to voice their disapproval at the continued poor performances

I just don’t share the negativity.

He’s a manager with a great record.

When he had the opportunity to make signings, he brought players in who have improved us in key positions.

I don’t think we should underestimate the clusterf*ck that was the incoherent transfer activity at the start of the season. When Hughton came in, the only objective was to stay up, which he did.

I do not see any basis for calling for his removal.

We may as well give him a chance but we are dreadful to watch and have relied on other teams being worse than us rather than Hughton improving us. We are gonna have to rebuild the side again next season due to the squad showing minimal quality going forward.We seem to go round in circles.

We may as well give him a chance but we are dreadful to watch and have relied on other teams being worse than us rather than Hughton improving us. We are gonna have to rebuild the side again next season due to the squad showing minimal quality going forward.We seem to go round in circles.

How are tom and Barbara chap