Thoughts on the future of Chris Hughton | Page 8 | Vital Football

Thoughts on the future of Chris Hughton

The problem with playing wing backs is you take away the need for Lolley, Ameobi and Knockheart, unless you play one of them at wing back which would be a tremendous gamble.
Some good posts on this one.. I dont agree with that bit tho, I think thats half the point, when you have 3 proper defenders defending the box then teams getting the ball wide isnt such an issue. At the same time, having someone like Lolley *the old lolley that is, would be great at breaking from that role.

Mind you, I think Ribz does ok. Hes still learning hsi trade to a degree in a new country and hes been commendable. I think he does pass well into the midfield and gets forward and yes his crossing is poor but thats as much about Grabban n co not being in there to cross to most the time anyway so it just breaks down whoever ends up in that position as we have seen all year.

I think what is clear is that there the opportunity to try it has been there and to not have tried it is just pretty naff from a progressive football stance. One dimensional management meh. I mean it is one dimensional right?

Some good posts on this one.. I dont agree with that bit tho, I think thats half the point, when you have 3 proper defenders defending the box then teams getting the ball wide isnt such an issue. At the same time, having someone like Lolley *the old lolley that is, would be great at breaking from that role.

Mind you, I think Ribz does ok. Hes still learning hsi trade to a degree in a new country and hes been commendable. I think he does pass well into the midfield and gets forward and yes his crossing is poor but thats as much about Grabban n co not being in there to cross to most the time anyway so it just breaks down whoever ends up in that position as we have seen all year.

I think what is clear is that there the opportunity to try it has been there and to not have tried it is just pretty naff from a progressive football stance. One dimensional management meh. I mean it is one dimensional right?

Wot about the steady the ship bit, not like we are so steady, more like not sinking or just about keeping our heads above water.

Wot about the steady the ship bit, not like we are so steady, more like not sinking or just about keeping our heads above water.
we lost 4 games at the start but SL still achieved far more last year lets face it and CH had three times as many players to work with. Just useless, name me one player that has improved under CH?

we lost 4 games at the start but SL still achieved far more last year lets face it and CH had three times as many players to work with. Just useless, name me one player that has improved under CH?

I think it is hard to compare given the circumstances, SL wasnt doing it in the middle of a pandemic.

I think it is hard to compare given the circumstances, SL wasnt doing it in the middle of a pandemic.
Well, he was doing far better than CH before the pandemic, think that is clear And nobody can offer a single player he has improved.

At least even with SL, *who I hardly think is Clough, is that he did improve players, Cash being the prime example

Christie is one. You could also say Bong, who, for instance, set up the winning goal in the FA Cup against Cardiff, though I know that is not reassuring. Mighten is better too, though would have been better anyway. He brought in Garner and Krovinovic, who have improved the team.

Christie is one. You could also say Bong, who, for instance, set up the winning goal in the FA Cup against Cardiff, though I know that is not reassuring. Mighten is better too, though would have been better anyway. He brought in Garner and Krovinovic, who have improved the team.

lol says it all

I have absolutely no affection at all.

My brain tells me we have an atrocious squad and changing manager would be incredibly risky, especially when it is likely to be some overseas no-mark.

But the thought of actually watching this turgid shite next season...

Hughton is clearly a good manager but he hasn't done well here. He has taken a poor start and turned it into a relegation battle, which he has won with the least entertainment of any season ever.

Can anyone think of a single incident that should go into a season highlights reel? Can anyone think of a game they have really enjoyed?

Hughton has achieved the same number of points as Warburton did when we stayed up on goal difference, and the worst goals to games ratio in our history.

I have no affection for this team or this manager and I am genuinely fearful of relegation next season, simply because there seems to be so many problems in every attacking area. We don't really have an attack; the club need to start from scratch in the most expensive place to develop

I have absolutely no affection at all.

My brain tells me we have an atrocious squad and changing manager would be incredibly risky, especially when it is likely to be some overseas no-mark.

But the thought of actually watching this turgid shite next season...

Hughton is clearly a good manager but he hasn't done well here. He has taken a poor start and turned it into a relegation battle, which he has won with the least entertainment of any season ever.

Can anyone think of a single incident that should go into a season highlights reel? Can anyone think of a game they have really enjoyed?

Hughton has achieved the same number of points as Warburton did when we stayed up on goal difference, and the worst goals to games ratio in our history.

I have no affection for this team or this manager and I am genuinely fearful of relegation next season, simply because there seems to be so many problems in every attacking area. We don't really have an attack; the club need to start from scratch in the most expensive place to develop
I do agree with most of that but my only crumb of comfort is that he is a proven manager at this level. It is his job to put things right at clubs and he has done it several times before. Squad changes are so obviously necessary and he has a good name within the game and should be capable of doing that. Lets hope that the structure of the club will allow him to have a good go at it.

Even if he does well it’ll be dour boring turgid shite. I don’t think he’ll do well either. As another point I also wouldn’t trust him with any money

Even if he does well it’ll be dour boring turgid shite. I don’t think he’ll do well either. As another point I also wouldn’t trust him with any money
He is just the sort of man that an owner WILL trust with his money, and therein lies the only hope.

We haven't got enough players with the right mentality,never mind ability! Our strength lays in our centre backs and................um....

Don't trust the owner or structures at the club
Don't trust the manager
Don't want to watch insipid boring shite
Don't want to sack another manager
Don't believe changing manager will be anything but detrimental

Catch 22
Hard to argue. I'm against changing because I'm sick of the hire fire policy. But equally, I've also seen nothing from Hughton managing Forest to suggest he's worth keeping for next season. If he stays it's purely on his reputation, because he hasn't earned it here.

Hard to argue. I'm against changing because I'm sick of the hire fire policy. But equally, I've also seen nothing from Hughton managing Forest to suggest he's worth keeping for next season. If he stays it's purely on his reputation, because he hasn't earned it here.

The only thing that can be said for him is in a difficult January transfer window he did bring in a few decent players. The football we get to watch is terrible though.

It was a similar style to Sabri's but the attacking play was beyond shite this season, it has been painful watching us there was maybe 3 games all season that were entertaining. People watch football for entertainment we don't want to watch stale negative games every week, the supporters when in the ground won't put up with it for long especially if results aren't generally positive. I do worry he will spend money on someone like knock and we end up with a few other ex players of his who are on the decline, guess we have to wait and see what happens in the summer to he what direction he is going for.