Those were the days my friends........... | Vital Football

Those were the days my friends...........

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
..................... we thought they'd never end................. but they did. And how! A sojourn back into tier 3 was really sobering. Anyway, 46 years ago this very weekend saw us demolish the Arsenal 5-0 at the Baseball Ground. For we wrinklies but, even more so, for the young uns, I'd love those days to return so that the young uns get to feel what we felt oh so often in the past. I hope you enjoy the video.

I was an 18 year old at that game. Stood in the middle of the Popside at the back with the "singers". Heady days.

Thanks 'Amster, wonderful video. "King" Charlie George missing those 2 chances at the start helped us a bit. Hinton's crossing ability is a joy to watch. I don't think we'll see anything like that again, the game has changed too much. But a bit of silverware and some new club legends are long overdue!

Yeah...thanks ‘Amster...I’d just ‘landed’ in Derby then and as you and I are the same age I now feel flippin’ ancient!
Bonus point for the five times beaten keeper’s middle name. Begins with P ends in E and it’s not Pete!

He got some stick at Loughborough too, MA...knew someone who went there with him. You obviously know...any other non Googled answers?

And I remember listening to that game working in the school kitchens following Saturday lunch... We finished about 4 by which time we were 5 up I think

Latest Rams News