Thommo | Page 10 | Vital Football

Thommo

They will be flattered. It is the highest honour a spoof site can get.

SNN has duped more than one organisation over the last few years,

"One of the biggest honours for Southend News Network came when the Acting Bureau Chief of the Associated Press London Office got in touch by email to ask for more details about a ‘story’ where a mother was arrested for accidentally calling her baby ‘Heroin’ instead of ‘Hermione’ (*4) – they have the emails to prove that this actually happened and may even use them one day!

In February 2016, the unthinkable happened! Two senior media officers at Southend Borough Council (the main target of most Southend News Network ‘stories’) invited the Chief Reporter to a meeting at Civic Centre, and they conceded that the success and following of Southend News Network on social media meant that they could no longer ‘afford’ to not engage with their own residents through this ‘news service.’ At the time of writing, SNN’s weekly reach for Facebook posts alone is between 150,000 and 250,000 users.

It is probably unprecedented for a local council to take this unusual step to get in touch with the people that they represent and are responsible for, but they have taken it all in incredibly good humour. They have now started engaging on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #troofbehindthespoof.

It will be fascinating to see if other government bodies in the UK decide to engage with spoof/satire news services in the same way. During the meeting, they even admitted that their call centre has to deal with a significant amount of enquiries from irate local residents when a more controversial ‘story’ goes live, such as the Halloween EXCLUSIVE when SNN revealed that all Southend Trick or Treaters would need to apply for a licence and undergo training and evaluation before hitting the streets (*5)."

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/about-snn/

You are all doomed unless you adopt my lifestyle. Simple fact that people refuse to believe.

In my view, you always need to test whether the response is appropriate and proportionate to the situation.
I’m all for equality and for calling out wrongdoing, but to do so should be with the aim of educating others in a right way to behave in society.
I object in equal measure, those that want to make a mountain from every molehill, looking for opportunities to latch on to minor behavioural flaws or comments. Let’s keep proportionality.

Political correctness is well over the top now, I can see why some things are frowned upon but my god really where are we heading, I used to play against a black lad who happened to be a very good player over the 4 yrs i played against him we had some good tussles and some good banter, After a while he came over to me at the end of the game and said i like playing against you as 1 its always tough but 2 and most importantly we have fun and good banter, He told me he was studying to be a lawyer and he said if people knew what we said to each other he said other students would be shocked, But as he said the Uni was so formalised and correct and that was 20 yr ago, We always respected each other and at the end of the game we always shook hands and had a chat, We have maybe lost that due to people being over sensitive,

So he is back in the new year, there you go a 10 game ban for upsetting Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

i do like his contribution but i think the skirt reference and the reference to make models wasn’t really necessary.

i do think we need an ex pro connected to the club to step in as a journalist doesn’t really have the same connection to the game as an ex pro.

Dear me! So if any pundit / presenter / commentator says handbags over the weekend on the bbc during a game can we expect them to be suspended too?

Last edited:
Looking at the newspaper (!?) Daily Mirror site the report get the game incorrect plus at the bottom ( hope nobody offended by that!), it states that 'handbags' is in the Collins Dictionary. Will some PC geezer now be going through all copies to erase all reference?

The BBC comedy Room 101 is inspired by the torture room in George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four. Orwell named it after a meeting room located in BBC’s Broadcasting House... so, is all of this nonsense from outraged complainant and BBC all a parody of life, imitating art, imitating life?
I’m outraged. But, I’m a white middle-aged bloke, that’s worked hard for a living, paid my taxes, and generally been a decent citizen, so my outrage is insignificant. Because I’m privileged.