Thomas Cook Political Posts | Vital Football

Thomas Cook Political Posts

Brexit hasn't helped, but I think TC were screwed a long time ago owing to poor acquisitions and changes to holiday booking patterns. They had over £1 billion in debt.

Brexit has already cost me £1,156 and three weeks in Cape Town...

Brexit's an interesting diversion in this isn't it?

The company behind the rescue plan was Fosun - the owner of Wolves, which was already the biggest shareholder.

We're told that the extra £200m financing the banks wanted wasn't forthcoming and Fosun pulled the plug, but they were going to take 25% of the airline and 75% of the rest.

If they could have had a larger share of the airline, maybe Thomas Cook could have been saved - at least for now.

But they couldn't have done that because EU rules insist that more than 50% of an airline is owned by EU investors.

So had the UK been out by now.....

Brexit's an interesting diversion in this isn't it?

The company behind the rescue plan was Fosun - the owner of Wolves, which was already the biggest shareholder.

We're told that the extra £200m financing the banks wanted wasn't forthcoming and Fosun pulled the plug, but they were going to take 25% of the airline and 75% of the rest.

If they could have had a larger share of the airline, maybe Thomas Cook could have been saved - at least for now.

But they couldn't have done that because EU rules insist that more than 50% of an airline is owned by EU investors.

So had the UK been out by now.....

So you're saying it's all the EU's fault?! Thanks.

It's Thomas Cook's fault isn't it?

You are Kathy Newman and I claim my £5.

Unless crashing out of the EU as fast as possible came with deviating from ownership laws on or near day one, which it would not, it would not have mattered a jot.

Unless crashing out of the EU as fast as possible came with deviating from ownership laws on or near day one, which it would not, it would not have mattered a jot.

My point being.... Brexit has nothing to do with it one way or the other. It's a business which could not be saved and whatever profitable parts of it remain will be sold off to other companies who may be able to use them productively.

Banks, investment groups, insurance fundholders and other creditors will lose money.

The fecking "B" word should never even have been introduced into the conversation.

My point being.... Brexit has nothing to do with it one way or the other. It's a business which could not be saved and whatever profitable parts of it remain will be sold off to other companies who may be able to use them productively.

Banks, investment groups, insurance fundholders and other creditors will lose money.

The fecking "B" word should never even have been introduced into the conversation.
Well inconvenienced holiday makers etc will be recompensed by an EU scheme

So you wanted to get the benefits of the scheme for free? Typical free-loading right-winger.
But I wouldn’t expect other people to pay for my trip home. If I hadn’t arranged suitable insurance cover I would fully expect to finance my own fare home. You, however Notty, I guess would happily sit back and expect others to pay because that’s typical of a free loading left winger.

But I wouldn’t expect other people to pay for my trip home. If I hadn’t arranged suitable insurance cover I would fully expect to finance my own fare home. You, however Notty, I guess would happily sit back and expect others to pay because that’s typical of a free loading left winger.

The insurance most people will have had will have most likely been with Thomas Cook, who have gone bust. In addition, travel insurance rarely includes failure clauses that cover a company going bust. I don't for a moment think you would even have thought about that.

Typical ignorant ill-informed right-winger. Go back to reading the Daily Hate Mail, you numpty.

The insurance most people will have had will have most likely been with Thomas Cook, who have gone bust. In addition, travel insurance rarely includes failure clauses that cover a company going bust. I don't for a moment think you would even have thought about that.

Typical ignorant ill-informed right-winger. Go back to reading the Daily Hate Mail, you numpty.

I think some people are just born stupid Notty so I won’t bother arguing.

Hate politics on this board, regard most politicians as attention seeking low life. Come on Notty, time to get that "chip" to bed before he gets rude.