This weekend. | Page 7 | Vital Football

This weekend.

That was more like the early games in the season and not the stone age longball game from Preston.
I see Roberts getting motm votes and while i disagree on that he does bring a lot of movement off the ball and a good eye for a pass/cross.
Not sure him and Byrne on the wings is good enough in the long run.

That was more like the early games in the season and not the stone age longball game from Preston.
I see Roberts getting motm votes and while i disagree on that he does bring a lot of movement off the ball and a good eye for a pass/cross.
Not sure him and Byrne on the wings is good enough in the long run.
But it's not the "long run" is it?
They are in because of the injuries to Jacobs and Massey, and played their part in a good win.

Roberts won’t play every game. I’ll be surprised if he starts Tuesday. I think the best we can get out of him is one game a week if we want him to maintain Saturday’s standard of performance.

If Roberts legs are up to it, and it is probably a big if, he is ideal in that position as he has the ability to see a pass and execute it. Byrne is a different proposition, he has always said he sees himself as a winger so now is his opportunity to prove it, and I for one hope he does. They both have been given opportunities due to injuries and need to make the best of them, as James has done with the right back position.