This TV Series May Be Worth a Watch - Features Lincoln | Vital Football

This TV Series May Be Worth a Watch - Features Lincoln

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
Last edited:
We're very lucky to have so much survive. In Manchester I can't think of anything Roman that is left. The oldest bit is a tiny square (mainly Tudor) near their very small cathedral. It does incorporate Chetham's the oldest English language public library in the world though from the 1600's, as frequented by Engels and Marx so that may be of interest to you.

We're very lucky to have so much survive. In Manchester I can't think of anything Roman that is left. The oldest bit is a tiny square (mainly Tudor) near their very small cathedral. It does incorporate Chetham's the oldest English language public library in the world though from the 1600's, as frequented by Engels and Marx so that may be of interest to you.

I've never been to Manchester! One of the great English cities I really must visit. The library sounds interesting.

For all the obvious problems with Marxism, his analysis of capitalism still has some resonance and Engels wrote some interesting stuff about the state of the English working-class in the 19th century.

I was saying to the missus yesterday (as Leicester was in the news), it has a Roman name but I'm not aware of Roman stuff there.

Apparently, there's not as much as at Lincoln, but a fine mosaic.

We had no intention of going there anyway, COVID or not.

I was saying to the missus yesterday (as Leicester was in the news), it has a Roman name but I'm not aware of Roman stuff there.

Some decent curry-houses, as well.

I've never been to Manchester! One of the great English cities I really must visit. The library sounds interesting.

For all the obvious problems with Marxism, his analysis of capitalism still has some resonance and Engels wrote some interesting stuff about the state of the English working-class in the 19th century.
Don't forget Peterloo and the Pankhurst connection. I occasionally use the excellent and appropriately named Left Bank Cafe that is situated In The People's History Museum which as somebody interested in education you may approve of their err. teachings and displays for our younger generation. I do feel like a fifth columnist in there but the coffee is excellent!

The research section of the magnificent art deco Central Library has an unbelievable wealth of social material which would be right up an historian's street.
Then you've got Salford's finest Ewan Maccoll.
I imagine Manchester would be somewhere worth your while to be honest.

Last edited:
Don't forget Peterloo and the Pankhurst connection. I occasionally use the excellent and appropriately named Left Bank Cafe that is situated In The People's History Museum which as somebody interested in education you may approve of their err. teachings and displays for our younger generation. I do feel like a fifth columnist in there but the coffee is excellent!

The research section of The magnificent art deco Central Library has an unbelievable wealth of social material which would be right up an historian's street.
Then you've got Salford's finest Ewan Maccoll.
I imagine Manchester would be somewhere worth you while to be honest.

As a worker, why would you feel like a 5th columnist? ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe we'll meet up for a coffee and ding-it out about your political errors. ;)

I think Leicester must have been on The Fosse Way if their old football club name is anything to go by.

I think all places that end -cester or -caster have Roman connections (also Caister, Caistor).

For me the series has been tedious. Even the Lincoln and area bits were only OK, nothing special. Dere Street probably the best but generally too much talking and not enough walking.

I think Leicester must have been on The Fosse Way if their old football club name is anything to go by.
They also have Fosse Park, a hellish edge-of-town retail park, although it is over the road from the new Everards brewery for some saving grace.

Literary-wise, on hold! Music-wise going quite well. Mrs Notty and I managed to complete 3 songs on a weekend away in Bonny Scotland recently.

I'll come back to the story when I have more head-space, I think.
That's good then! Not easy to write stories if there's too much going on in your head. I imagine moving house has made that difficult!