This summer he will decide to go, or stay | Vital Football

This summer he will decide to go, or stay

Spursex

Alert Team
@80deg16minW , no.2 - won't matter what we do win or where we finish, he wants out.

‘I suspect’: Gary Neville makes claim about Tottenham talent’s future after Sunday’s win

amir_mir_profile_1012827.jpg

Amir Mir
1 hour ago

GettyImages-1289745187.jpg
Photo by Glyn Kirk – Pool/Getty Images
Gary Neville told Super Sunday on Sky Sports that this summer ‘will be the moment’ that Tottenham find out whether or not Harry Kane wants to leave the club.
The 27-year-old has been one of the standout stars in the Premier League this season – topping the assists charts and level in the goalscoring charts with Mohamed Salah.
Have Liverpool stumbled upon a perfect centre-back pairing?

Until Tottenham pass that trophy line, questions will continue to be asked about whether they can keep their star man without putting a medal or medals around his neck.
Ex-Manchester United defender, Neville, was asked to share his thoughts on Kane’s future and whether Spurs need to win trophies in order to keep him.
“Maybe (they need to win things to keep him), maybe,” said Neville. “We have to see what he thinks about that.
“Whether he wants to sit it out and stay with one club. Persist and believe he can win them trophies and have that on his CV at the end of his career. Loyalty.
“Or whether he thinks, ‘no I just need to go now’. This will be the moment in the summer, I suspect. But he will have that decision to make.”
GettyImages-1308314845.jpg
Photo by Alex Livesey – Danehouse/Getty Images
After playing 120 minutes last Thursday and crashing out of Europe, Kane starred for Tottenham during their 2-0 win at Villa Park.
The England captain played like he was the one who had the week’s rest and wasn’t in Croatia witnessing his team crumble in the Europa League.
But that just shows the type of character that Kane is and there’s no doubt that he will be back at it again during the forthcoming internationals.

No matter what happens to us now this season, I'll lay money on him trying to get away, he has no interest anymore in staying.

Firstly, there is never a single Spurs game that Neville doesn't talk about our key players leaving. Somebody should play him the montage and suggest that he should work harder to try and hide his biases. If he hasn't got enough intelligent things to say about the game itself, then perhaps he should step down from commentating and let a professional commentator take over. Football games are not a time to be talking about this stuff and Neville is guilty as charged.

Back to Kane, I can only think about when Poch took over. We had one superstar and his name was Lloris. We were all worried that he'd leave us for Barca or RM and we'd be left with none. 2 seasons later we had a team full of superstars who grew together.

So if Kane needs to go, then let our long servant walk out with his head held high. If Son won't sign a new contract then cash in like we should have done with Eriksen when the £100m offers would have come. If we don't, then we haven't learnt a damned thing from the last 5 years.

We now need to build something from the ground up. I don't want to see a single player walk through that door that is over the age of 25.

Gary "I hate Spurs" Neville, is this the same geezer that when Moyse got sacked by MU half way through his tenure, said managers should not be sacked if they are in their 1st year of management, only to sack Salfords manager after 4 months in charge, bloody hypocrite! attention seeking centre of attraction twat! that's my opinion of him anyway.

@80deg16minW

yep, that's the third one, 5 more to follow.

He says it was his original plan, it wasn't.

personally if I was him I reckon I would rather be in Spain not playing then in Tottenham. Still think if Jose used him correctly he would be the guy to get our attack going, the best passer, can sc ore, decent free kicks, sees passes.... 60 mins a game, every game .... minimum

Each time a pundit brings this up they always fail to analyse who is actually going to be spending the money on him.
Real look to prefer Haaland or Mbappe. Barca apparently won't be able to afford him. I can't see him being interested in going to France so no PSG. From the Modric saga it's clear that Levy will charge them an arm and a leg. That leaves the two Manchester clubs. Both are rumoured to be in talks with Haaland which tells you that if they are willing to spend big they want to go for a younger player.

I'd wager that Kane wants Shearers record so he'll want to stay in England. If that's the case then we will be getting quite a large lump of money from Manchester to help us try and take our next steps.

Each time a pundit brings this up they always fail to analyse who is actually going to be spending the money on him.
Real look to prefer Haaland or Mbappe. Barca apparently won't be able to afford him. I can't see him being interested in going to France so no PSG. From the Modric saga it's clear that Levy will charge them an arm and a leg. That leaves the two Manchester clubs. Both are rumoured to be in talks with Haaland which tells you that if they are willing to spend big they want to go for a younger player.

I'd wager that Kane wants Shearers record so he'll want to stay in England. If that's the case then we will be getting quite a large lump of money from Manchester to help us try and take our next steps.

You've omitted the Chav's - and that sadly is a real possibility, as well as Bayern Munich. Only one club can get Haaland, then the rest have to look to the next best thing if they want to progress: City will need a top striker, as will United and as do Chelsea.

All of them can make the spend, values have dropped sadly we will need money to invest in other area's of the team, I dread the thought of letting Jose having carte blanche to spend - but thems the breaks I guess.

All we can say to Harry is thanks for all the fish!

this was from live commentary. He was asked directly if Kane would be off in the summer, I actually thought his response was quite respectful of Spurs.

"We have to see what he thinks about that...Whether he wants to sit it out and stay with one club. Persist and believe he can win them trophies and have that on his CV at the end of his career. Loyalty"

was the first thing he said. Often pundits insist he'll want out, but Gary seemed to actually consider Kane might want to stay.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

this was from live commentary. He was asked directly if Kane would be off in the summer, I actually thought his response was quite respectful of Spurs.

"We have to see what he thinks about that...Whether he wants to sit it out and stay with one club. Persist and believe he can win them trophies and have that on his CV at the end of his career. Loyalty"

was the first thing he said. Often pundits insist he'll want out, but Gary seemed to actually consider Kane might want to stay.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

Context is everything. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You've omitted the Chav's - and that sadly is a real possibility, as well as Bayern Munich. Only one club can get Haaland, then the rest have to look to the next best thing if they want to progress: City will need a top striker, as will United and as do Chelsea.

All of them can make the spend, values have dropped sadly we will need money to invest in other area's of the team, I dread the thought of letting Jose having carte blanche to spend - but thems the breaks I guess.

All we can say to Harry is thanks for all the fish!
Apologies, I was Trying to refer to chlsea when I mentioned modric.
Can't see Bayern spending that sort of money on Kane when you consider the crazy number of goals lewandowksi and has scored this year (despite his age).

If city get Haaland then real will go for Mbappe. Then the question is United.
If United go elswhere then the funny dilemma we have is do we prefer city to have Kane(giving us the cash to fix our squad)or the crazily scary Haaland..

I just wouldn't be ruling out both Manchester clubs wanting a younger model with more reliable ankles than Harry Kane. I have a feeling he's a year too late but this summer is the deciding point for him.

No matter what happens to us now this season, I'll lay money on him trying to get away, he has no interest anymore in staying.

I don't blame him. In fact I think it benefits both parties. He will forever be a Spurs legend...really wish we could have won something special with him....I wish him the best and he should always be remembered fondly by Spurs fans.

As for Spurs...yeah this is a positive as well...get a shitload of money to help the much needed rebuild. Add a few other players to the offload list and start filling holes. And yeah replace JM as well.

I have said this before, if Harry decides to seek pastures knew, I think it will be abroad and not to another Prem Club, I believe he would feel he is being a Traitor! to the Spurs fans who love him.

I think he wants Shearer's premiership goals scoring record.

100 goals off. So to beat it he will have to stay in the Premier league.
All the more reason to stay put, plus there is the "all time legend gl scorer at Spurs" when he beats Jimmy's record.

If he stays, which I think he will, his name of Spurs Legend will last an eternity.

I also believe Trophies won at Spurs will mean way more than any won at other Clubs.

All the more reason to stay put, plus there is the "all time legend gl scorer at Spurs" when he beats Jimmy's record.

If he stays, which I think he will, his name of Spurs Legend will last an eternity.

I also believe Trophies won at Spurs will mean way more than any won at other Clubs.

I think regardless of where he goes he will come back. He will have unfinished business here.