This so cool! | Page 5 | Vital Football

This so cool!

Musk has been promising trips to the moon and Mars almost as often as we've discussed a ground move on here; like that, it's always 10 years away. :grinning:
It wont be bothering me, unless my pension massively exceeds its forecast!

A band of cold air sitting above a layer of warm air (rare since heat rises) refracted the light in such a way that it bent what you could see upwards, creating the optical illusion. That, or magic.

I've not seen any mention of the carbonaceous chondrite. Only the 51st ever to have been found. It landed in the street my inlaws used to live in.

I've not seen any mention of the carbonaceous chondrite. Only the 51st ever to have been found. It landed in the street my inlaws used to live in.

Fragment of a fire-ball recently seen over the UK, I think. It's the rarer type of meteorite, of course.

Such an interesting item. Makes you wonder what else might have been in existence and lost or destroyed.

We're a bit arrogant at assuming we're more advanced than our distant predecessors.
They had the same brains as us. And like any era, there'd be geniuses who'd come up with new inventions or discoveries or advances in knowledge.
Euclid did stunning maths, for example. Probably not matched until that Grantham lad Isaac came along.
And clearly whoever designed and built this ancient computer was sadly another genius forgotten by history.

We're a bit arrogant at assuming we're more advanced than our distant predecessors.
They had the same brains as us. And like any era, there'd be geniuses who'd come up with new inventions or discoveries or advances in knowledge.
Euclid did stunning maths, for example. Probably not matched until that Grantham lad Isaac came along.
And clearly whoever designed and built this ancient computer was sadly another genius forgotten by history.
I had almost this exact conversation with my dad on the way back from Sincil Bank sometime last year! So much information was lost when the library at Alexandria burned, and so many other discoveries could have been rubbished at the time and lost forever, or not recorded well enough, etc. What we might have missed out on in these ways is so thought-provoking.

Yes and this arrogance leads to all kinds of whacky conspiracy theories such as the Pyramids being built by aliens...