This Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

This Season

Given it's about the return of fans into stadia, (loosely maybe at the start, but moreso now with the proposed 1,000 limit) I don't see why it should be deemed off-topic Danny. ........................... which isn't for designed for "arguments" either. ;)
Ok no worries!
I just meant the whole corona, masks etc debate in my experience has led to many people getting very worked up. Never ends well. Some people very defensive over the topic.... couple that with the dreadful circumstances surrounding our club and you have a potion for constant bickering

Regarding 1,000 fans being allowed to attend matches next month:
Surely it would make more sense to do it as a percentage of the stadium capacity rather than a set number.It wouldn't make any sense to me for small grounds such as Accrington and Fleetwood to have the same amount of people allowed to attend their home matches as ourselves,Sunderland and Hull who's grounds are much bigger in comparison.

I think the main concerns are other "pinch points" rather than the actual seating during the match. Turnstiles, concourse, toilets, the congregation of folk on staircases at final whistle, even the pubs in the area. The actual seating is probably the easiest bit to control.

Isn't that the reason that the PL are refusing to do it, they will lose money.

Wasn’t aware of that but makes sense. Hopefully it won’t be a 1000 limit when they re open as this is just for the test events I now understand. I’ll be honest with the ‘rule of six’ opening up football grounds doesn’t really marry up with that.

Key will be maximising revenue and so hopefully there will still be a streaming service for away fans given this will be a big loss of revenue - how this will be organised I’m not sure, perhaps just for season ticket holders maybe.

Please don't shout me down, as they are not my views.

I have been speaking to a few Latics fans recently,
they watched Latics for over 20 years and
they have told me, that they are not missing going to
watch Latics and Football in general.

They have found other outlets to spend their money on,
especially with their families.

I don't think just applies to Latics,
have you had any similar reactions from fans?

Please don't shout me down, as they are not my views.

I have been speaking to a few Latics fans recently,
they watched Latics for over 20 years and
they have told me, that they are not missing going to
watch Latics and Football in general.

They have found other outlets to spend their money on,
especially with their families.

I don't think just applies to Latics,
have you had any similar reactions from fans?
Was talking about the same thing last night. I take 2 lads with me. And they don’t want to go any more

A couple of weeks ago infection rates were a lot lower, so given the 10-14 day incubation period deaths are still lower. But whereas a week ago deaths were 1 or 2 they are now back into double figures and in a couple of weeks time there's every chance they will have gone up even more.

The average age of death for those infected with Covid is 82 years, the average UK daily number of out of hospital deaths Is 2,300 with Covid deaths currently averaging 11. There are 17 million under 25s in the UK with only 237 recorded deaths with Covid symptoms. Only 6 deaths of under 18s with Covid, 3 at birth with other chronic symptoms, one 15 year old and two 18 year olds all with other chronic symptoms. Testing currently indicates that between 65% and 75% of people are asymptomatic and suffer no symptoms. Of those who tested positive many are deemed as weak positive having only mild traces. which indicates that they may have had Covid and not known and are not deemed to be at risk of transmitting the disease. The governments own website clearly indicates that those of working age are at little risk of suffering severe symptoms or death and it is only those over 70 years of age or suffering other symptoms who are at most risk.

Are the government overreacting?

The average age of death for those infected with Covid is 82 years.......,

Warren, I'm not sure of the source for your stats, but I find this one particularly hard to believe.................by any measurement of "average".

For a start, life expectancy (for those under 40) is nowhere near that figure, so how on earth it can be any kind of average is beyond belief ....... or possibility.

Source: - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ns/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2016to2018

Given the initial hospitalisation rate, it's obvious that no, they didn't over-react ...... though there's definitely a case to be said that they've generally handled things appallingly.

Warren, I'm not sure of the source for your stats, but I find this one particularly hard to believe.................by any measurement of "average".

For a start, life expectancy (for those under 40) is nowhere near that figure, so how on earth it can be any kind of average is beyond belief ....... or possibility.

Source: - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ns/nationallifetablesunitedkingdom/2016to2018

Given the initial hospitalisation rate, it's obvious that no, they didn't over-react ...... though there's definitely a case to be said that they've generally handled things appallingly.

I don’t make these things up Mooany, just look on the governments website. I was surprised too but these things do put the situation in perspective. My daughter is 35 and a nurse at Rotherham General and caught the virus a few months ago. She had a couple days bad headache but thankfully nothing worse. There are now no CV-19 cases in her hospital and due to the low number only Hallamshire now has a Covid ward.

Another major problem for testing is that there are many Covid viruses, including of course the flu virus and many clinicians are now saying that the one Covid test currently underway may be showing traces of Covid which may be conflicting the figures. Look, I know the virus is serious to some people but we must be certain that the actions taken are proportionate which currently they may not be.

It's up to you to persuade them not to give up then John.

I honestly haven't spoken to anyone who isn't nanching at the bit to get back.

If anything, the if we do come back from the brink of death, I’d like to think people will be even more motivated to drop the complacency and come and watch us.

That wasn’t the CV-19 website, try again.

It was the government website providing statistics about life expectancy in this country overall.

Ignoring the split between male/female, current life expectancy is bare;y 82, so how the hell can that be an average age of death for those with Covid? It may just about (at a real push) be close to a mode (though that's still probably high), but nowhere near a mean or median.

You can still provide your source if you like.