This is the problem | Vital Football

This is the problem

I know of a guy who's a Liverpool ST holder, and he got put into a ballet for the tickets and before he knew whether he had one, had to put a small deposit down on accommodation and flights before the results. If you got a ticket, you'd end up with the other bit of the package, which was separate from the Club, so ticket, flight, accommodation.

He got a ticket, flight was fine and his accommodation company at last minute i.e. beginning of this week, decided to bump the price up to the point he then couldn't afford a bed for the two nights he was out there so had to drop out but still had a ticket.

Liverpool wouldn't handle return tickets so he put it out there for sale on a Liverpool FB group or forum or wherever and UEFA contacted him telling him he wasn't allowed to sell it on!

So he's now got a ticket that he can't use, and no-one else can use either. He was just wanting face value for it.

As he said, he could still, in theory, go out but does he want to be sleeping rough on his own in Ukraine for two nights? Nope!

I fail to see the problem here.

Likewise. I live in Chester (full of scousers) but lifelong Lincoln supporter city of my birth and upbringing.

When I first went to Liverpool as a student I tried to go to the famous Liverpool v St Etienne European Cup quarter final, lock-outs all round the stadium and ended in a crush for remaining tickets/returns. Got talking to the guy next to me, turned out he was from Lincoln too, difference being he'd spent half the day on trains, UI'd spent 30 minutes on the bus. That persuaded me to go home, leave him to it, hope he got in as it was a special night.

People do move around you know, we have things like cars, trains and planes and a need to relocate for college, work and so on.

So don't knock 'plastics' who live away from the team they support, many of the posters on here tick that box so a geniune Liverpool supporter from Lincoln is just that - genuine.

Likewise. I live in Chester (full of scousers) but lifelong Lincoln supporter city of my birth and upbringing.

When I first went to Liverpool as a student I tried to go to the famous Liverpool v St Etienne European Cup quarter final, lock-outs all round the stadium and ended in a crush for remaining tickets/returns. Got talking to the guy next to me, turned out he was from Lincoln too, difference being he'd spent half the day on trains, UI'd spent 30 minutes on the bus. That persuaded me to go home, leave him to it, hope he got in as it was a special night.

People do move around you know, we have things like cars, trains and planes and a need to relocate for college, work and so on.

So don't knock 'plastics' who live away from the team they support, many of the posters on here tick that box so a geniune Liverpool supporter from Lincoln is just that - genuine.

Not knocking the Liverpudlians at all but BBC today was full of no Liverpudlians in Ukraine. Most of them were US fans with US accents that "somehow" had tickets.

No problem at all here, this is what football fans do. In most cases you don't choose your team, your team chooses you and you're hooked for life.

No problem at all here, this is what football fans do. In most cases you don't choose your team, your team chooses you and you're hooked for life.

Exactly right. I've never had a problem with people supporting a team from outside their home town. No reason why a fluke of birth should determine who you support for the rest of your life.