This Is It | Page 2 | Vital Football

This Is It

He has internationally. Try being Gio in a squad that includes Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Martinez, Icardi etc. Trust me, you either sit on the bench or do the water carrying. Him and Paredes are discovering a lot of mutual empathy as the rest swan about up front :-)

As for Betis, I thought it was a mid season switch to a more advanced role that saw him get going.

He took a short while to settle but once they pushed him into the 'eriksen' further forward/free role, he literally took off. To be honest, I'm still baffled how we managed to get him when so many other of the big boys were assessing him.

They really aren't if you watched any of his games in la liga he is all over an AM, only us have played him as a CM in his whole career.

He played 24 times for betis as a CM last season.

32 games for PSG in 2017/18.

64 in total.

He can play as an AM but he is better a little deeper. Like his deep run against Southampton then plays a top draw pass.

He looks lightweight further up in the Premier league.

He played 24 times for betis as a CM last season.

32 games for PSG in 2017/18.

64 in total.

He can play as an AM but he is better a little deeper. Like his deep run against Southampton then plays a top draw pass.

He looks lightweight further up in the Premier league.

Well speaking to the man that recruited him, he is adamant that he isn't and never was a CM in the form you and I might call it and essentially roamed around the pitch on most games doing an 'Eriksen'.

Lightweight? really, in what way, physically?

Well speaking to the man that recruited him, he is adamant that he isn't and never was a CM in the form you and I might call it and essentially roamed around the pitch on most games doing an 'Eriksen'.

Lightweight? really, in what way, physically?

He looked like a box to box CM to me.

I have seen him get out muscled plenty of times further up top when he doesn't have the space.