This is all very nice... | Vital Football

This is all very nice...

Even I think that's pretty disgusting for two lower table small teams just before Christmas. Will apply to home fans too so I doubt they'll get many non season ticket holders in, particularly with the shite they play.

I know their owner is pretty dim and clearly finance isn't his strong point but I think he's grossly underestimated his audience on this one. We took almost 4000 to knob end at £25 a pop and I reckon 3000 at least would have gone at similar price - that's £75 grand on ticket sales excluding extras. If the initial allocation of 2000 goes I'll be very surprised and that's only £70 grand. It's little wonder they can't finance their debts.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you all! Our first away win of the season against that shower will be worth it anyway.

Last edited:
MiW's point is bang on.

I had every intention of going, expecting it to be up to £30 (which would have made it dear, but the "going rate" I suppose - did we charge Leeds that ?)

However, though the extra fiver seems only a small increase, it brings a principle into play of "how much is too much"?

The maths just don't make sense from Bolton's point of view. They must be dumber than that Dominic Bloody Raab.

Been a few years since we played Bolton - ain’t going to be missing this one.

My little 8 year-old lad would never forgive me if we didn’t go anyway as he hates Bolton with a passion that makes a man proud. We better go there to win and have a good go at them - do that and should be very winnable.

Home tickets for the game start at £30 in the opposite end by the way... didn’t know they could do that?

MiW's point is bang on.

I had every intention of going, expecting it to be up to £30 (which would have made it dear, but the "going rate" I suppose - did we charge Leeds that ?)

However, though the extra fiver seems only a small increase, it brings a principle into play of "how much is too much"?

The maths just don't make sense from Bolton's point of view. They must be dumber than that Dominic Bloody Raab.

Ken Anderson is clearly an idiot so I guess it would be a close contest between him and Raab.

In the grand scheme a fiver is nowt but I guess it's a potential tipping point in regards making a stand or not. One the one hand I would love nothing more to deny Bolton my cash out of principle, but on the other I'd be there to support my club and non attendance from us may have a detrimental impact on them. Not sure what the 'right' decision is and fully understand both standpoints. When push comes to shove I'm more concerned about us than them so I'll likely go.

They have two tiers - cheeky wankers have likely allocated us the expensive one.
The ironic thing being that had they allocated the lower tier first at £30, we’d have likely sold that out, following that more Wigan fans may have then been tempted to pay for the £35 tickets as a result of the anticipation. They’ve proper shot themselves in the foot with that.