This is all very nice... | Page 4 | Vital Football

This is all very nice...

I'll be paying my £35. Yes it's way too much but it's my choice to pay it. I understand why some won't want to and that some won't be able to. What I don't understand is that both here and other platforms there are people trying to isolate those that choose to go and are taking an outright hostile stance against them.

They may be comfortable sat on their high horses but I prefer to occupy a more grounded viewpoint.

You pays your money you takes your choice as someone once said. Just accept that some people are willing to pay it and some aren't. Stop the smug "I have principles " superiority complex.

But as one of our own said when describing our fans as peasants, Chorley are just a pub team.
First degree ignorance as Chorley FC are our traditional main rivals.
Good luck to The Magpies. Some of us have respect.
Just when did Chorley become our main rivals? I have been watching Latics since 1969 and never have Chorley been our main rivals

Just when did Chorley become our main rivals? I have been watching Latics since 1969 and never have Chorley been our main rivals
Agree Kenny cannot remember a meaningful game against them, seem some like commenting for commenting sake!

I'll be paying my £35. Yes it's way too much but it's my choice to pay it. I understand why some won't want to and that some won't be able to. What I don't understand is that both here and other platforms there are people trying to isolate those that choose to go and are taking an outright hostile stance against them.

They may be comfortable sat on their high horses but I prefer to occupy a more grounded viewpoint.

You pays your money you takes your choice as someone once said. Just accept that some people are willing to pay it and some aren't. Stop the smug "I have principles " superiority complex.
Well said Chet

Well those last two comments just demonstrate the pure ignorance of the pair of you.
Respect to you Chet, you are dead right it is all a matter of choice and how you want to spend your own money. You put your point over well without having to revert to insults and name calling.
If you feel the cost of football is too much or you have other things that take your money then just dont pay it either.
That applies to both home and away games. Your loyalty to your club should not be in question.

Well guess that makes me an inbred then as I was born there and Chorley have always been my 2nd club after the Tics.

Seems to me that we could easily have been in their position if we things hadn’t worked out so well some 23 years ago or even with the election to the football league several years prior to that.

They are a semi-pro club who are top of a league mainly made up of full time outfits and they are doing it playing attractive football for that level and with cheap ticket prices as well as a great family atmosphere whenever I go do the games, home or away.

Not much to dislike there but understand could be some bad blood from when we were rivals many years ago, though that predates me a little.
Let’s just say I’ve had a bad experience there in the past and I know people who have had the same. Very unpleasant club with unpleasant people. Thankfully you have a serious habit of bottling promotion so hopefully two of the proper clubs in that league like York, Kiddy or Chester go up instead.

Some Blackpool fans still turn up at Bloomfield Road and have helped Oysten cling onto power.

Putting 90 minutes of football ahead of the good of the game continues the destructive cycle of exploiting fans. No ones giving up a Cup Final. This is regular league football where costs will pile up week after week, season after season.

Some Blackpool fans still turn up at Bloomfield Road and have helped Oysten cling onto power.

Putting 90 minutes of football ahead of the good of the game continues the destructive cycle of exploiting fans. No ones giving up a Cup Final. This is regular league football where costs will pile up week after week, season after season.
Good, then hopefully it prices people like you out. Don’t need fans like you at our club who vilify others for supporting the team.

So you will remember the 1977 Lancashire Junior cup final when dickhead Chorley fans ran riot around Springy led by a prick in a boiler suit and a full face crash helmet whilst waving around a plank of wood?
You are right though,they were never our main rivals, probably because we hardly ever played them

So is it right that we charged WBA, Leeds and our own fans £30-00 but Bristol City and our own fans £10-00. That is exploitation of Leeds and WBA just the same Studds.

So is it right that we charged WBA, Leeds and our own fans £30-00 but Bristol City and our own fans £10-00. That is exploitation of Leeds and WBA just the same Studds.

As has been said Jeff, whilst only a fiver there's a psychological difference between the two price points. £30 and there'd be no discussion on it as it's seen as the limit of reasonable. It'll cost Wigan fans far more than what we charged Leeds at the return fixture so who is exploiting who?

It's all too much. I am drawing the line at £25-00 just as others will at £35-00.
Anyway we've kicked off so let's see if we can avoid a new club record.

Let’s just say I’ve had a bad experience there in the past and I know people who have had the same. Very unpleasant club with unpleasant people. Thankfully you have a serious habit of bottling promotion so hopefully two of the proper clubs in that league like York, Kiddy or Chester go up instead.

Chester? Really?

Fans who repeatedly get involved in violence and smash up opposition stadiums to the extent that they have warnings on the club website to stop doing so otherwise the club will run out of cash from footing repairs?

Each to their own in terms of how you follow Football I guess.

Chester? Really?

Fans who repeatedly get involved in violence and smash up opposition stadiums to the extent that they have warnings on the club website to stop doing so otherwise the club will run out of cash from footing repairs?

Each to their own in terms of how you follow Football I guess.
At least they don’t wait outside away ends before attacking innocent families in that park. A good friend of mine and his lad was caught up in that. And if they smashed up your stadium then they did you a favour.

Good, then hopefully it prices people like you out. Don’t need fans like you at our club who vilify others for supporting the team.
Your posts speak for themselves when you call fellow fans “peasants” because they aren’t willing to bend over and be exploited. If 90 minutes of Tier 2 football is more important to you than ensuring the game is affordable for ALL. That’s upto you.

Just over 1500 shifted for the game on Saturday. Bit of a financial own goal that from the trotters. The 'boycott' has clearly had some affect. Can understand both viewpoints on this, but ultimately given the mire we seem to be heading for the team needs all the support in can get in this relegation fixture.

.......... the team needs all the support in can get in this relegation fixture.

I decided not to go, but I can see your point ........................ so let's hope that the proclivity of some of our fans to "express their displeasure in a vocal fashion" doesn't raise its ugly head should things not go exactly to plan at any point on Saturday.

UTFT

I wonder how many people would have boycotted it if we'd won our last six matches and not lost them.

Probably more actually, as there'd have been less of the "the team needs the support" feeling as described by MiW.