This is all very nice... | Page 3 | Vital Football

This is all very nice...

Why should the club subsidise the tickets?

Cook is appealing for our support probably because he saw the ticket prices and thought he had to say something, he's not the one being had over is he?
If they need our support that much let the club subsidise the tickets, 4k would be the 12th man.
The three points could be priceless come May.

Last edited:
Too right I won't but I can't see why so many people are moaning when our own club charge our OWN fans £30-00 for some games which is only slightly less.
Looking forward to the Reading and Rovers games though.

Concession is maxmimum 15 quid all season, a massive reduction from Boltons 20 and under 18s a cheap all season. Only a handful of games for us are 30. The ones were away teams bring 4k+ and given our on the day pay at 10 quid is similar to 30 then I don't blame the club at all. Sensible financial decision. Season tickets are superb value so I'd living local just buy one.

Boltons prices are ridiculous all season round. Only a few years ago we paid around 20 quid to go to Bolton when they had people who cared about the club in charge.

So it's financially sensible for us to overcharge non season ticket holders and away fans but does it not make sense for the Pigs Feet to do the same?
At their prices they have to sell even less tickets to make more money. That allways seems to be everybody's argument for us charging excessively.

I have a stark choice due to finances - either decide to go without my sons who despite the result massively enjoyed being part of the blue army at Preston or not go at all. Its a real shame what Horwich have done for what has previously been a must see game for me - when people who graft hard all week cant afford to watch their team its a sad state of affairs
To be fair if i didnt have season tickets same would have applied to our own cat A games. Very shortsighted approach all round

So it's financially sensible for us to overcharge non season ticket holders and away fans but does it not make sense for the Pigs Feet to do the same?
At their prices they have to sell even less tickets to make more money. That allways seems to be everybody's argument for us charging excessively.

quite simple ,we charge the big clubs(Leeds,West Brom etc) £30 ,they charge Wigan ,yes little insignificent Wigan £35! Surely even someone as narrow minded as yourself the problem with this!!

Ok then. Bolton are a bunch of thieves for charging both their fans and ours £30+.
So exciled Latic does that make it ok for us to have charged West Bromwich, Leeds and home fans £30-00 for a ticket?
Peasants?? Shear class that.

yes

Cook is appealing for our support probably because he saw the ticket prices and thought he had to say something, he's not the one being had over is he?
If they need our support that much let the club subsidise the tickets, 4k would be the 12th man.

To be fair made bugger all difference at Knob End. The prices are a disgrace, but I fail to see why our club should have to finance it. If people were that bothered they'd be organising a protest outside the ground and gaining publicity, but as I said earlier most won't be arsed to do so.

Why the hell is everone going on about this. It's £35 a ticket, if you can afford it then all well and good, pay it, go to the match and enjoy it.
If you can't afford it, or don't want to pay it, don't pay it and don't go to the match.
No point in whingeing about it, it's not going to change.

quite simple ,we charge the big clubs(Leeds,West Brom etc) £30 ,they charge Wigan ,yes little insignificent Wigan £35! Surely even someone as narrow minded as yourself the problem with this!!
You just can not accept we are just as guilty as the Pigs Feet. Ignorant rose tinted idiotic statement. Your not a Egg fan in disguise are you? You must have been exciled too long FFS!

The players will absolutely want to see as many fans there as possible to cheer them on as it does make a difference. Even with the high price the fact it's so close means this could still end up being one of the cheaper away days for some people.

But it is a lot of money and if some folks don't want to pay those prices out of principle or that's certainly understandable. And for those who want to go but can't afford it at this time of year it's a real shame.

It's each to their own and no one should be made to feel pressured either way to go or not.

Chorley vs. Donny game Sunday FA cup £12 adults u12's accompanied are free - great way to build support not rip folk off - well done the magpies ?

Cook hasn’t said a word about the Bolton game. He was talking in general terms about sticking with the team.

As I stated earlier. I am 100% certain Cook, as a scouser and family man, would fully back Latics fans boycotting this game. Put some of that cash towards bringing someone extra to a forthcoming home fixture. Or go to an away match that offers more reasonable prices.

The last thing Latics should be doing is subsidising a club 15 minutes down the road as they want to rip us off. It gives them incentive to carry on with this practice and may encourage other teams too.

Why the hell is everone going on about this. It's £35 a ticket, if you can afford it then all well and good, pay it, go to the match and enjoy it.
If you can't afford it, or don't want to pay it, don't pay it and don't go to the match.
No point in whingeing about it, it's not going to change.
It changed at Latics when both home and away fans stayed away from our second season in the Premier League after a huge price increase. City where one of the first club’s to boycott us which directly led to the Latics hierarchy taking to the media to say a consultation would take place. Prices where reduced but we never truly recovered and won back all the lost fans.

Even the Premier League have a £30 cap for away tickets.

Last edited:
Chorley vs. Donny game Sunday FA cup £12 adults u12's accompanied are free - great way to build support not rip folk off - well done the magpies ?
But as one of our own said when describing our fans as peasants, Chorley are just a pub team.
First degree ignorance as Chorley FC are our traditional main rivals.
Good luck to The Magpies. Some of us have respect.

Cook hasn’t said a word about the Bolton game. He was talking in general terms about sticking with the team.

As I stated earlier. I am 100% certain Cook, as a scouser and family man, would fully back Latics fans boycotting this game. Put some of that cash towards bringing someone extra to a forthcoming home fixture. Or go to an away match that offers more reasonable prices.

The last thing Latics should be doing is subsidising a club 15 minutes down the road as they want to rip us off. It gives them incentive to carry on with this practice and may encourage other teams too.

It changed at Latics when both home and away fans stayed away from our second season in the Premier League after a huge price increase. City where one of the first club’s to boycott us which directly led to the Latics hierarchy taking to the media to say a consultation would take place. Prices where reduced but we never truly recovered and won back all the lost fans.

Even the Premier League have a £30 cap for away tickets.

I meant this particular match not the overall pricing of football matches.

Right, so the vast majority of posters on this thread dont fancy stumping up £35 to watch us play Bolton, so how many fancy saving that money and get together to protest outside the ground?
Im sure Studs or Made in Wigan could organise it, i'd be up for the protest, anyone else?

Last edited:
But as one of our own said when describing our fans as peasants, Chorley are just a pub team.
First degree ignorance as Chorley FC are our traditional main rivals.
Good luck to The Magpies. Some of us have respect.
Tinpot club, broken down garden shed as a ground with awful fans...all ten of them anyway. Hopefully Donny pump the inbreds 0-10. If I ever go to watch Sunday league football I’ll go to a proper Wigan club like Ashton.

You just can not accept we are just as guilty as the Pigs Feet. Ignorant rose tinted idiotic statement. Your not a Egg fan in disguise are you? You must have been exciled too long FFS!
So I have rose tinted specs about the tics so I must be a rugby fan! Typical infantile comments I expect from you,

Tinpot club, broken down garden shed as a ground with awful fans...all ten of them anyway. Hopefully Donny pump the inbreds 0-10. If I ever go to watch Sunday league football I’ll go to a proper Wigan club like Ashton.

Well guess that makes me an inbred then as I was born there and Chorley have always been my 2nd club after the Tics.

Seems to me that we could easily have been in their position if we things hadn’t worked out so well some 23 years ago or even with the election to the football league several years prior to that.

They are a semi-pro club who are top of a league mainly made up of full time outfits and they are doing it playing attractive football for that level and with cheap ticket prices as well as a great family atmosphere whenever I go do the games, home or away.

Not much to dislike there but understand could be some bad blood from when we were rivals many years ago, though that predates me a little.