This is all very nice... | Page 2 | Vital Football

This is all very nice...

Man City never sell out Champions League games. That’s why ticket prices are so cheap for group games. They had to slash them as they had thousands of empty seats for the Lyon game.

Last edited:
It's very steep, but i guess with the financial crisis Bolton always seem to be in they are doing whatever they can to make the maximum amount of profit.

But like others have said upping prices past a point reduces the attendances. I suspect Bolton would've probably attracted enough extra fans to earn a higher total gate reciept if it was £30 rather than £35 but they appear to believe sinces it's a local derby against our rivals our fans will bite the bullet and pay it anyway.

Personally the price has made me think twice about going where i was nailed on going previously - I'm willing to pay £30, even £32 for most away games, especially at this level where bigger clubs can sometimes charge more - but £35 for Bolton is pushing their luck. I wouldn't blame any fan who said they'd give that a miss.

I guess we'll see what the away attendnace is compared to our previous visits to see if the Bolton money men judged this one right.

Even £30 in unacceptable,it's time fans boycotted this sort of shit, twenty is plenty, anymore is not on.
It's Wish FM for me.

There now seems to be a widespread boycott in place for this game. £35 for an adult ticket is disgusting enough. £29 for concessions even worse. If fans stand for this kiss goodbye to affordable away days and thousands of fans creating a memorable atmosphere.

I can’t see many now going. While it is personal choice I’ll be disappointed with any Latics fan who goes. I don’t buy the argument the team need us there to back them. It would send a far stronger message of solidarity between the fans and team if their was an empty away end. 700-800 rattling around would not only make us look small time. It would tell us those Latics fans don’t really give a **** about the greater good of the game and our club.

Jeff's Right won't be going then. :rolleyes:
;)
Too right I won't but I can't see why so many people are moaning when our own club charge our OWN fans £30-00 for some games which is only slightly less.
Looking forward to the Reading and Rovers games though.

There now seems to be a widespread boycott in place for this game. £35 for an adult ticket is disgusting enough. £29 for concessions even worse. If fans stand for this kiss goodbye to affordable away days and thousands of fans creating a memorable atmosphere.

I can’t see many now going. While it is personal choice I’ll be disappointed with any Latics fan who goes. I don’t buy the argument the team need us there to back them. It would send a far stronger message of solidarity between the fans and team if their was an empty away end. 700-800 rattling around would not only make us look small time. It would tell us those Latics fans don’t really give a **** about the greater good of the game and our club.

I can understand the boycott, in fact I find it quite principled. Would be even more effective and impactive if folk actually went and protested outside though I guess most won't be arsed to do that despite the publicity it would get. I'm guessing the wish signal reaches there so could all just listen and sing/cheer from outside. I'd buy into that.

That said it's a personal choice and supporting a team is what we do and to suggest fans that enter don't give a fuck about the greater good of the game or the club is just plain wrong.

I can understand the boycott, in fact I find it quite principled. Would be even more effective and impactive if folk actually went and protested outside though I guess most won't be arsed to do that despite the publicity it would get. I'm guessing the wish signal reaches there so could all just listen and sing/cheer from outside. I'd buy into that.

That said it's a personal choice and supporting a team is what we do and to suggest fans that enter don't give a fuck about the greater good of the game or the club is just plain wrong.

Could continue this at home games that charge £30-00 too.

A few peasants whinging about it on social media doesn’t constitute a boycott. They can have their little tantrum, fire up Wish FM and do what they want, I’ll get behind my team with the 1500 other proper supporters. Prices are only going to go up in football not down, just like transfer fees no matter how many people moan about it. If you don’t like it, go and support a pub team club like Chorley, they could use the cash.

As for atmosphere, I’ve been to every away this season and Preston was the worst for away atmosphere. I’m quite happy their won’t be a big away following. Everyone going will be bang up for it and create a proper atmosphere and when we win, the “boycotters” will be weeping into their armchairs that they missed it.

A few peasants whinging about it on social media doesn’t constitute a boycott. They can have their little tantrum, fire up Wish FM and do what they want, I’ll get behind my team with the 1500 other proper supporters. Prices are only going to go up in football not down, just like transfer fees no matter how many people moan about it. If you don’t like it, go and support a pub team club like Chorley, they could use the cash.

As for atmosphere, I’ve been to every away this season and Preston was the worst for away atmosphere. I’m quite happy their won’t be a big away following. Everyone going will be bang up for it and create a proper atmosphere and when we win, the “boycotters” will be weeping into their armchairs that they missed it.
The kind of language you use and the lack of foresight probably explains why you’re happy to back this kind of exploitative pricing. I’ve no doubt Bolton will end up losing revenue from this short-sighted decision.

The kind of language you use and the lack of foresight probably explains why you’re happy to back this kind of exploitative pricing. I’ve no doubt Bolton will end up losing revenue from this short-sighted decision.
It’s called supporting your team it’s fairly simple really, even you could understand it although judging by your posts on here...

I notice Paul Cook was pleading for fans to come and support the team in the press today. The very same day where fans are arranging “boycotts” and claiming that the amount of fans in the stands don’t make a difference on the pitch. I feel so sorry for him, he deserves far better than our pitiful excuse for “supporters” and he’d be embarrassed at comments from the likes of you above Studds. To think when he leaves in the summer, the likes of yourself will probably slag him off for it when you actively discourage supporters from attending our biggest game of the season to get behind the manager and his players to suit your own greedy agenda. Disgraceful!

It’s called supporting your team it’s fairly simple really, even you could understand it although judging by your posts on here...

I notice Paul Cook was pleading for fans to come and support the team in the press today. The very same day where fans are arranging “boycotts” and claiming that the amount of fans in the stands don’t make a difference on the pitch. I feel so sorry for him, he deserves far better than our pitiful excuse for “supporters” and he’d be embarrassed at comments from the likes of you above Studds. To think when he leaves in the summer, the likes of yourself will probably slag him off for it when you actively discourage supporters from attending our biggest game of the season to get behind the manager and his players to suit your own greedy agenda. Disgraceful!
I have no doubt Cook, if allowed to speak on the subject publicly, would be right behind the great majority of fans and this boycott. It’s simply not worth backing this exploitative pricing for 90 minutes entertainment. For many it’s not even a choice. Well over £100 for a family of four to watch second tier football is not sustainable. It will cut-off at the knees any prospect of clubs like ours retaining the fans we have. Let alone attracting a new generation.

Football without fans is worthless. We would have took 4K to Bolton at £25 and spent a fortune on food & drink. I’ll be surprised if there’s s quarter of that now.

Just think the fact that rather than criticise Bolton as you would have crucified Latics you chose to question a poster who made a fair point! Spoke volumes!!
Ok then. Bolton are a bunch of thieves for charging both their fans and ours £30+.
So exciled Latic does that make it ok for us to have charged West Bromwich, Leeds and home fans £30-00 for a ticket?
Peasants?? Shear class that.

I have no doubt Cook, if allowed to speak on the subject publicly, would be right behind the great majority of fans and this boycott. It’s simply not worth backing this exploitative pricing for 90 minutes entertainment. For many it’s not even a choice. Well over £100 for a family of four to watch second tier football is not sustainable. It will cut-off at the knees any prospect of clubs like ours retaining the fans we have. Let alone attracting a new generation.

Football without fans is worthless. We would have took 4K to Bolton at £25 and spent a fortune on food & drink. I’ll be surprised if there’s s quarter of that now.
Really now? Well we’ll see about that when the question gets put to him. Based on his comments today, I strongly suggest that you are in the wrong.

Like I said I’m still going as I am happy to pay £35 to watch Latics but can understand those who aren’t as it all depends on circumstance and personal opinion.

Know it’s a rip-off by Knobhead Wanderers but that’s the business of football and it’s cheaper then some games I’ve been to. I want to be there to support the team in a vital game.

Oh and it is £30 in the lower tier whereas they shunted is into the upper tier which is £35. Cheeky bastards.

If Cook the players and the club want the fans at the Bolton game couldnt they help us out by paying a tenner towards the cost of a ticket?

Im sure we would take 4k at £25 a ticket, didnt the club do something similar when we played Leeds a couple of years ago?

The total cost of the day would be £35 + travel (£5?). Don't buy anything from the ground.

Its still cheaper than a £25 ticket at Stoke/Villa/Brum/WBA and £20 for a coach.