Thirty years since this week since... | Vital Football

Thirty years since this week since...

We got him on the cheap because we had the same owner as Oxford and he was worth rather more than we paid for him.

Dean scored 42 goals in 106 appearances. That works out at £23809.52 a goal. When sold we had made £1.9M profit on him

Malcolm Christie scored 30 goals in 116 appearances. That works out at £333.33 a goal. When sold we made £1.49M profit on him.

No doubt in my mind that Saunders was the better, more accomplished footballer but Christie was, IMO, slightly better value.

Great bloke and he used to love playing cricket on the eyes meadow Duffield for Duffield CC and the odd charity knock.duffield cc.jpg

We got him on the cheap because we had the same owner as Oxford and he was worth rather more than we paid for him.

Dean scored 42 goals in 106 appearances. That works out at £23809.52 a goal. When sold we had made £1.9M profit on him

Malcolm Christie scored 30 goals in 116 appearances. That works out at £333.33 a goal. When sold we made £1.49M profit on him.

No doubt in my mind that Saunders was the better, more accomplished footballer but Christie was, IMO, slightly better value.

Great player and person until this happened, was never the same after this! :lol:deano forest.JPG

Yes Bloomer can't argue with that in my time I think he has been our best signing Phenoninal goal scorer He's run close by some great players in that time Biano Eranio Asanovitic even Wanchop but yes he has to be the best

Balance sheet profit...you’re obviously right MA, but Saunders and Christie were otherwise incomparable.
Saunders ticked so many boxes and was, above all, the ‘missing piece of the jigsaw’ who, imo, brought more excitement and pleasure to watching Derby than any other player I can remember in the last thirty years.
Those ‘missing piece’ signings are very rare and hopefully we’ll make the next one in January, but in the meantime Deano is the ‘stand out’ for me over the last three and a bit decades...and Bloomer should give himself a yellow card for that deeply hurtful picture!

Latest Rams News