Third Win On The Road For Millers | Vital Football

Third Win On The Road For Millers

Great report Caz, as always.
I wasn't at the game but I was listening to commentary on radio Sheffield. We certainly rode our luck at times but it shouldn't have mattered because we had some really clear cut chances to have put this game to bed. We are creating chance after chance but we really must start to put our chances away. We are very wasteful in front of goal. It sounded like there were some big performances from our lads and I'm glad to hear that because it keeps the moaners quiet for the time being. Going back to our defeat against Lincoln, the moaners were out in force but I thought that the result was just a hiccup, and I'd got a gut feeling that we'd win our next two games (which I said in an earlier post), and I've been proven right and the moaners have kept quiet, thankfully. We have enough fire power up front to win most of our games this season, but they need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal to take that pressure off that's always there in the later stages of a game when you've only got a slender lead. Someone will get a real hammering from us soon when it all comes together (and I don't mean Bolton, because that's a "given"). U.T.M.

Ha-ha I know what you mean Caz but I'm quite confident of getting a hat full when we play the trotters. If Tranmere can knock five past 'em then I'm sure that we can get NINE, ha-ha, we'll see in a few weeks time.

I'm actually surprised that Bolton are still around - haven't they only got five pro players? Feel sorry for their kids having to play like they are because it won't do their confidences any good.

Well they've now postponed the game against Donny which should be taking place tomorrow, and they've (Bolton) called it off without talking to the EFL or Doncaster Rovers. I can see where they're coming from because the "kids" will get hammered every game, so I suppose the longer they delay things it will give the senior players time to get themselves fit and therefore stand a chance of reducing their minus points. Bolton are in BIG trouble and this will just add to it, or will the Football League turn a blind eye to it, and just let Bolton do whatever they want, which is quite possible seeing as Bolton haven't even been punished for not completing last season's fixtures. It's a right mess, and I don't think that the Football League know what to do about it. We're due to play them in a few weeks time. Our fixtures are already taking a hammering. I'm just hoping that we can play them on the scheduled date. We'll see .....

And here's the latest from the Football League ....

"Bolton Wanderers has this afternoon announced it will not fulfil its League One fixture against Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday 20 August 2019.
The Club has stated it has taken the decision to postpone the game as a result of concerns over the welfare of its young players, given the frequency of fixtures and the impact this would have on their physical and emotional well-being.

The EFL understands the challenging position the Club currently finds itself in whilst negotiations continue over its purchase. However, it would have expected the Club to have first interfaced with the EFL, giving it an opportunity to consider the application to postpone, and consulted with the Club’s opposition, Doncaster Rovers before making a public announcement.

The EFL remains acutely aware of the ongoing risks this challenging and complex situation has to the integrity of the competition."

So, to sum up, nothing that we didn't already know. The Football League are clueless and don't know which way to go on this one. But surely no club, no matter what their history, should be allowed to dictate to the people who are supposed to be running the Football League. If Bolton are allowed to get away with this then why not other clubs? ... It's beginning to become a farce now, but who's got the answer? ...

The thing is, Nez. Has it been called off? The last I heard was that Doncaster Rovers were going to turn up with their team as it's Bolton who have said the game won't go ahead.

I agree, Nez, it's making football into a farce when clubs can decide the day before a game that they don't want to play.