Things you’ve missed this year | Page 2 | Vital Football

Things you’ve missed this year

After 40 years in the same job my time is up next March. It wIll be a very sad day for me as I’ve enjoyed it immensely and proud of what I have achieved in my own little way. So need a job of some description and somewhere to lay my hat.
After 40 years in the same job my time is up next March. It wIll be a very sad day for me as I’ve enjoyed it immensely and proud of what I have achieved in my own little way. So need a job of some description and somewhere to lay my hat.

Well, totally good luck with that, mate. Not an easy time to be looking at those options.

We should be travelling to Carbis Bay (Cornwall) on Sunday 12th July for two weeks, but we have delayed this until next year.

So, I now have two weeks off work to, erm, do nothing?!?

My sons are at an age where many of their friends have weddings planned, skyping them last night the main theme was the different revised plans - a couple of months delay and a more low key day? Or 12 months in the hope the original plans can still happen?

Carbis Bay? Stunning place. We booked it as a surprise for my Dad's 60th in 2017 for a week, then went back in 2018 for a couple of weeks.

I would love to live there.

Funny you should mention that, had a bit of a Recce in Devon the other week - house hunting. Ended up at Woolacombe Bay, nice sunny day, very nice.

St Ives/Carbis Bay and Woolacombe = my two favourite haunts in the UK. My elder son and family are in Woolacombe now, and younger son and family will be going in August

St Ives/Carbis Bay and Woolacombe = my two favourite haunts in the UK. My elder son and family are in Woolacombe now, and younger son and family will be going in August
We had several really good family holidays in Croyde, next bay down from Woolacombe as the boys went from rock pooling and sandcastles to body boarding and surfing.

Its a lovely part of the country.

Funny you should mention that, had a bit of a Recce in Devon the other week - house hunting. Ended up at Woolacombe Bay, nice sunny day, very nice.
We’ve had many a happy holiday in that area, we love it. We usually stayed just outside in Mortehoe. I got quite ill one year for a few days after swallowing sea water after a wipe out on my surf board in woolacombe bay. I think the water quality is better now. ( I say surf board.....I mean belly board :ROFLMAO:)

Some lovely places there, we’ve stayed several times in St Ives and love it. Also Marazion next to St Michaels Mount is worth a visit. Sennon cove near to Lands End is great too

Not sure whether this is the correct place to post, but for this afternoon's dog walk we went down to the local cricket club, and watched an hour's play while enjoying a couple of pints (G&T for Mrs S). Just great to be sitting in a nice location, watching cricket again (albeit the second team playing a friendly), with a good number of people out enjoying it

We're on a weekend break away on the east coast of Scotland in the borders. Went to a pub for the first time in months and sat outside in the sun. Very nice. Social distancing and hand-sanitation strictly observed!