Things To Do Whilst The 'Virus' Controls Us | Page 2 | Vital Football

Things To Do Whilst The 'Virus' Controls Us

It's a strange country though China. Whilst there's been lockdowns etc, I bet there wont half be the faff on that's been going on here with panic buying and what not.

If only Dr Li Wenliang had kept his mouth shut, but he has, permanently.
What I find interesting about Dr Li's death mac is that it's listed as caused by ‎COVID-19 yet surprisingly his medical history is not known.

What is known is that his parents contracted it and survived .

So Northwich Park hospital has declared that it is at full capacity tonight after a number of patients admitted with coronavirus, i doubt the people looking after them or their families would say its just like the flu. Sadly this is the start and in 7. -10 days the hospital system will be under severe pressure. I have worked in the health service for over 30 years and i have never seen anything like it, there is a major storm coming and we all have to do our bit.

It's entirely possible that the Chinese are liars Bruce,which would explain why they are not reporting the devastation at the virus epicentre that you predict,is heading our way

Surely it's not unreasonable to look at the place of origin of the flu for clues of what we will endure in the next couple of months ?

if we are to trust that the WHO are also not liars more people die from "normal" seasonal flu in America alone.

Rather than spreading fear your concerns might be better directed at those who charge us for parking outside medical facilities that are woefully underfunded.

That is really the problem right ?

Although some are willing to argue it's down to immigration,most of us understand the real problem is chronic under funding and has been for years.

A bad outbreak of measles would have the same effect on many hospitals in the UK.

The mortality rate for flu is 1-1.5% the current mortality rate for corona virus is 3-3.5%, this virus is nothing like seasonal flu. I agree that the health service is chronically underfunded and perhaps when we get through this the politicians will realise the importance of having a fully funded and functioning health service with capacity built in to cope with any future crisis.

The mortality rate for flu is 1-1.5% the current mortality rate for corona virus is 3-3.5%, this virus is nothing like seasonal flu.

Where did you get those figures from Bruce ?

Those figures are from the WHO and yes of course they are estimated and will be until the epidemic has run its course, there is a variation in mortality rates in the regions with large amounts of patients in Wuhan the mortality rate was 5.8% but these figures will be skewed by the fact that the health services are under so much pressure which has an effect on the standard of care given, the mortality rate in other parts of China was 2.8%

What I find interesting about Dr Li's death mac is that it's listed as caused by ‎COVID-19 yet surprisingly his medical history is not known.

What is known is that his parents contracted it and survived .
I take it you mean if he was a 'sickly child' and not his medical history as in where he studied and he was a ophthalmologist etc.
I thought that after he had been hauled before the Wuhan Police Bureau and forced to sign a letter to say he had spread false info that this would not be the end of it. You would imagine as a healthy 34 year old doctor you should be able to survive a virus that your parents survived (although I was unaware of this scenario until now)

These two snippets recently reported in the media are perfect examples of the deliberate attempts to spread fear and why it's currently impossible for most people to really know what's going on.

A “wonderfully kind and caring” 45-year-old father has become the youngest person diagnosed with coronavirus to die in the UK.

**** ******, from Kettering - who was also fighting motor neurone disease (MND) - died on Monday, according to his wife.

A 59-year-old man believed to be the youngest Briton to have died after testing positive for coronavirus has been named locally as a former police officer.

***** ********, from Nailsea, Somerset, reportedly died at Bristol Royal Infirmary in the early hours of Saturday.

His wife told Nailsea People:
“Although he tested positive, until a post-mortem examination, we can’t say that was the cause of death at the moment.

Cynical in the extreme,I hope these two peoples and others who have suffered unfortunate deaths are not allowed to become part of the estimated figures without verification.

The government are quick to curtail our freedom but the press allowed to print bollocks wtf is wrong with people :shrug:

Ah right, I doubt we'll ever know that to any certainty.
My experience so far is I expect to be be in the greenhouse and garden for prolonged periods during the next few weeks

As someone who has had a stent implantation I assume you have being given or sought medical advise mac ?

Canny article for once on the BBC. Doubt they'll mention this on the news though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654#

Look at that 45 year old with Motor Neuron Disease, was diagnosed in 2018 and was told he had 2 years to live. I'm no maths genius but this year might not have been a good one anyway.

Is it the virus that's killing people or is it acting as a blocker to existing treatment and it's the underlying condition thats really responsible?