Things To Do Whilst The 'Virus' Controls Us | Vital Football

Things To Do Whilst The 'Virus' Controls Us

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Man-made, exaggerated, a chemical weapon, a real random new virus (***coughs), whatever we all think it is, the government or whoever is in charge of the current script of agenda has us going into lockdown.

My thoughts on it are that it isn't as straight forward as it's being played out in the scare mongering media and basic hygiene rules being common sense aside, life should be cracking on as normal until they provide the facility to test everyone and then allow regular testing.

It's pointless self isolating for a sniffle on the off chance you have this brand new miracle virus that only targets the weak, old or disabled, basically anyone in a tories eyes as being a benefit sponger, when a test would prove either way as im fucked if im going into lockdown for a few weeks for nowt and then having to go back in again for the next sniffle etc etc.

Testing should be top of the agenda until the world police or whoever holds this script, decides to miraculously find the 'cure'. Even then the powers that be have won as their hidden agenda will have achieved what they set out to do like control the public or create a new panic that was never there.

My personal belief is that they have had to create a demand for something that none of us have needed but will soon be clambering to have (not me mind). Whether that be private healthcare or a monthly subscription to a wonder miracle drug. Im not entirely sure but there will be something and i can be quoted on that.

Anyway, back to thread title and my point. We're going to be soon climbing the walls and suffering the symptoms of being weened off live sport as it's something that's been on regular tap all of our lives. It's a new experience for us but this thread can be used for ideas or decent links to sites which can take our minds off or gain us interest of something we may not have know was out there.

Here's a few to start.

Gary Lineker, Shearer and Ian Wright are now doing a podcast to tide us over in the match of the day blackout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p086w1p3

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...-free-youtube-compliations-best-goals-2451479

This next one has all sorts on including old spectrum games etc.

https://archive.org/

Have a look at what is happening in Italy! There are people literally dying in tents erected in hospital car parks. That is why the Govts worldwide are taking the current actions. Hopefully we have over reacted and things settle down but until then we have to plan for the worst case scenario.

Have a look at what is happening in Italy! There are people literally dying in tents erected in hospital car parks. That is why the Govts worldwide are taking the current actions. Hopefully we have over reacted and things settle down but until then we have to plan for the worst case scenario.

It is an overreaction and one that will have a knock on effect with future 'viruses'.

My point is that this 'virus' isn't as innocent as it seems with so many holes in the argument but we're all having to suffer life changes on the back of something that is so small and quite easily contained with the right procedures in place or the 'right' people taking better precautions.

Even with Italy's death rate being so high. What isn't clear is the comparison with the normal death rate by common flu. Has the number for that fallen as a consequence of being diagnosed with this strain?

Even then the affected rate of the population of Italy is only 0.0005%. The death rate being 0.00004%.

9% of those who have contracted the 'virus' are now clear and another 85% are not that badly affected. The other 6% of infected are classed as serious.

Yes, the virus is easily spread and should have precautions in place to try to limit it but without testing being easily available then all of this is largely pointless and for me, under suspicion for something hidden.

There are more old people killed by cold weather every year as a result of greedy governments than have died in Italy with it's ageing population and the rest of the world.

The planet is literally in lock down and the media are in full Orwell mode hysterically declaring the deaths of people from the flu (with underlying health problems).

What a load of fucking shite ,and no surprise how easily led people are !

I'm with toony on this one we are being controlled by a "virus"

Reactions: Rza
This is before I even mention that around 650,000 people die per year due to seasonal flu but where have the government warnings been, where has the red background screens on sky sports advising as to how to wash hands been and where have the lockdowns been?

Serious or not, we've become a world of ask no questions now and take what propaganda we're being force fed as gospel. In a world full of sheep, the shepherds are the ones being outcast.

When I started school at the age of 5 all of my grandparents were deceased. That statistic wasn't out of the ordinary with many other kids at the time. People are living longer now because of improvements to housing, benefits, medicines etc, but it's quite obvious that you become more vulnerable to illness once you get past a certain age. You should be quite smug if you're below 60 and in decent health.

When I started school at the age of 5 all of my grandparents were deceased. That statistic wasn't out of the ordinary with many other kids at the time. People are living longer now because of improvements to housing, benefits, medicines etc, but it's quite obvious that you become more vulnerable to illness once you get past a certain age. You should be quite smug if you're below 60 and in decent health.
I'm not saying you are having a go mac but just in case .......:grinning:...
My dismissiveness is in no way aimed at anyone suffering from the virus or those worried out.of their minds about themselves relatives or friends.

We do live in better times than your grandparents generation but it's also a fact that the very people now shutting down entire countries and putting peoples livelihoods in jeopardy over the ffing flu !! are the same twats responsible for forcing the beleaguered elderly they now hypocritically claim to be defending into working longer,paying taxes on their hard earned pensions and having them freezing their arses off every winter while they live in completely different circumstances.

Not having a go Pie :grinning:. I can reminisce about when it was unheard of for a school to close because of bad weather or when the boiler stopped working in winter. Any virus or bug going around you just 'got over it'.

If that was referring to me Pie i am not in a bunker i am in the frontline and from what i have seen and heard from my colleagues in Italy this virus is something that needs to be taken seriously. It is very easy to sit and say its all a load of shit when it hasnt hit any of your family but i think those feelings will change sharpish if one of your family becomes critically ill and there is no facilities to look after them. In Italy they are triaging patients at the hospital entrance and deciding who lives or dies those that are not treated are moved to a tent in the hospital car park to die. The figures suggest that 85% will recover without any problems in the region of 5% will require Intensive care, the UK has 5000 Intensive care beds. The Intensive care capacity will also have to continue to care for heart attacks / strokes etc. I think those figures reflect why the WHO and indeed all the medical experts are worried, i know very little about epidemiology or indeed infectious diseases but i think i will take the word of those who are experts in these fields rather than a couple of fellas who are pissed off because there is no football. Lets revisit this in a few months and i really hope you are both taking the piss out of me for over reacting. As it stands we are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Thanks for the stats Bruce, makes interesting reading. The bit I'm a tad wary of is the recovery. With this virus being a 'new one' it's a wait and see scenario in case there is any lasting damage to lungs, heart etc. Will you be able to catch out again? It (the virus) was mentioned in the news from China on New Years Eve for the first time. It's in its infancy.

My understanding is that so far one person tested positive then negative and then returned a positive test in China this could well be an error in how the negative swab was collected. The longterm damage is a worry as a % of patients are left with longterm lung damage i.e fibrosis. The experts dont know enough about this virus but are learning more each day what is worrying is that is closely related to the SARS virus but seem to be more contagious.

Looking on the 'worldometer' website the graph showing the rate of increase in cases and deaths from this virus is worrying. Having said that the world population is increasing at a far greater rate. It might be more than bog roll needed in the bigger picture.

Looking on the 'worldometer' website the graph showing the rate of increase in cases and deaths from this virus is worrying. Having said that the world population is increasing at a far greater rate. It might be more than bog roll needed in the bigger picture.

Not to dismiss the whole thing or to be disrespectful to anyone in the vulnerable category or who works in the front line but what isn't being reported is the cases that have cleared up.

It's alright the death rate being mentioned but the other rates are barely scraped and again I'll repeat what i said at the top. There is no big hoo har at seasonal flu which accounts for many many more.

This is just a gripe for me

It's always telling when people use the "wait until it happens to you or your own" argument Bruce, typically it's from the mouths of those with narrow minds.

Emotive language aside I did not read anything you wrote or learnt from your colleagues that would explain the extraordinary reaction of the media and governments,for example age demographics.

It's your prerogative to have an opinion as it is mine but the truth will be revealed soon enough then we can have the debate on the stupidity of not believing everything you hear or vise versa if you wish.

Until then based on the numerous mishaps and expert opinions explaining them that we have been forced to endure year after year from our leaders,as well as what has actually happened in China and the figures published by the WHO i'm calling bullshit.

Mac you mention the world population,it's currently approaching 8 billion,at the time of the worst recorded pandemic back in 1918 it was 1.8 !

F off toony don't you ever sleep :grinning: