Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager | Page 13 | Vital Football

Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager

Henry has to realise all players just can’t do what he could do.

On the other hand Smith can say to players ....,I was a lower league player but with your talent ,my desire and brain I could have got 90 caps for England

Don’t write either off

Too early to write Henry off just as it is too early to apotheosise Dean.
It's going to be interesting though!

Very true. Brian Clough is my favourite manager and his greatest accomplishments came after the utter failure of Leeds. The question is does the modern game allow for a comeback like that? He took a lower league club to European cup glory, these days that simply can't happen. These days if you flop once then it's over unless you want to spend years at a low level building back up.

"Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager"

No, he hasn't. He's just been suspended (sacked) by Monaco for winning two out of the last 20-odd League matches.

Can we please close this thread? It's almost as tedious as the 'Time for a new manager/Enough is enough' threads.

Never mind, he'll be back on Sky alongside Gary Neville within a few weeks.
I'm still baffled why anyone wanted him in charge at Villa in the first place. He's got a sexy French accent and played under Wenger for a few years, ooooh he's sure to be brilliant. I heard the same shit about Remi Garde and he made Billy McNeil look a genious

You know when people say we twice dodged a bullet. Well the first time he was linked it was utter bollox. As confirmed in his tweet back in August that I have posted previously and is below.
Second time ?. Fair chance it's also utter bollox!. Non?

From the cheval's mouth :-

Since announcing my decision to leave my full time role in broadcasting to pursue my ambition of becoming a manager, I have subsequently been linked with a number of positions both domestically and internationally. Contrary to misleading reports people may have read...
at this moment neither myself nor my advisers have held any discussions with any club or national association. My intention has always been to be patient and I will take my decision in good time.

I'm always suspicious of top players who walk into serious management jobs without any experience. The top players who manage it are those who've done some groundwork beforehand. Gerrard, Vieira and the like not only did the groundwork, but as players carried an enormous amount of responsibility, quite apart from their actual skills. Fat Frank may be exception which proves the rule. JT is going about it the right way.

"Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager"

No, he hasn't. He's just been suspended (sacked) by Monaco for winning two out of the last 20-odd League matches.

Can we please close this thread? It's almost as tedious as the 'Time for a new manager/Enough is enough' threads.

thanks I started the enough is enough thread and I think it is very relevant, and listening to the managers interviews and his actions so does DS.

Fat Frank may be exception which proves the rule. JT is going about it the right way.

I wouldnt go that far as to say he is an exception, I really think a lot of being a manager is about temperament and I am sure Fat Frank carried a good bit of responsibility at Chelsea too. Not as much as Terry but he was likely No. 2 after Terry.

You cant be like Roy Keane and be hot headed and you can't be like Henry who I would say is too soft. Like could you imagine Theirry Henry being angry with you or Roy being nice to you. Vieira I could see being good and supportive and angry when needed.

For me most bad/poor managers see all the issues as nails and they take the only tool they have and approach it all broadly the same way. Wouldnt surprise me if Henry tried to smooth things over all the time and encourage when maybe they needed a bollocking at half time.